Increase font size
Topic Title: crossfire
Topic Summary: new to this technology help
Created On: 04/08/2011 11:22 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/08/2011 11:22 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
TEDESCO
Lurker

hi i am new to both this forum and crossfire tech i am an sli man and recently changed because i heard crossfire is better i have a ati radeon hd 5550 and a motherboard which support crossfire what i dont understand is how and what graphics cards work as i don't seem to need a cable linking the two cards according to the crossfire chart at http://sites.amd.com/us/game/t...Pages/crossfirex.aspx

theres a chart half way down and it says as far as i understand it that a hd 5450 will work with my hd 5550 i was thinking of buying a new card to go with the rareon hd 5550 i was going to buy the PowerColor HD 5570 1GB DDR3 and see how that works as i said i am an sli man can work tht inside out but this seems strange theres more than one way to get this crossfire to work but the way my board works(asrock A790GXH/128M) it seems to work through the board with no need to connect the cards together can any one help me with this what will work with my new board and the existing card ati radeon hd 5550 512mb
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information