Increase font size
Topic Title: Guide: Setting up a SATA hard drive for Win XP
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/08/2004 01:48 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/08/2004 01:48 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
wing_z3r0

I was trying to Install xp (proffesional) on my new system, and my SK8V kept looking for a primary ide controller..... I thought ok... and i booted xp from the CD. It couldnt find my SATA hard drive. To solve this issue here's what you have to do....

1. Go to another computer that works and get the RAID/SATA drivers. They probably are in the CD that comes with your Motherboard. You should find a program that says "Make disk" (At least that's how it was on mine....)

Run the program and the SATA drivers will be loaded on the floppy

2. Now go back to the computer with the SATA drive. Boot from the CD.... and then press f6. Setup will tell you that it cant find the drivers. Press f6 to load the drivers in the floppy. Insert the floppy and hit enter. It should work now. Good luck. By the time Longhorn rolls around, the SATA drivers should be included, but until then, you will still have to use the floppy to install windows

If I made any errors please tell me

-------------------------
*Dok's Law*: The simplicity of a solution is directly proportionate to its elusiveness.
HijackThis, Adaware, Spybot search and destroy, <a href="http://majorgeeks.com/download...2859&file=11&evp=61b0e
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information