Increase font size
Topic Title: Help downloading existing web page files
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/11/2008 09:28 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/11/2008 09:28 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
magdary
Case Modder

I run a small very basic web site for my wifes guinea pig breeding.

The computer i used to create and manage the site has gone ***** up and i wish to download everything back down off the site to my main computer and start using that to edit it all but i cant figure out how to do it.

I have added an ftp location in the open window, added user name and password and can see all the files relating to the site but i cant do anything with them. As soon as i try to open one i just get told that the server doesn't support the extensions. Can i download the files using some sort of ftp program or is it possible to download via front page. If i can publish the files why cant i retrieve them.

Thanks
 11/11/2008 02:30 PM

Author Icon
Xajel
Case Modder

you can with some FTP client, I'm using CuteFTP Pro but you can find some other free clients too

the basic with all FTP client I used is basic drag and drop, all of them offers two vertically aligned windows one for local folders and the second for the remote folders, just selecting the folders and files in the remote folder and dragging them to any where in the local folders will download them directly and vice-versa, dragging from local to remote will upload them... some client also has some arrow bottons to download/upload
 11/11/2008 04:10 PM

Author Icon
RFCaldas
Driod

You can use this software to download all files from any site!

http://www.httrack.com/

-------------------------
RFCaldas
CPU - AMD Phenom 9500 @ 2.20GHz
RAM - 2GB - Dual Channel 800
GPU - ATI Radeon HD 3870 512MB - PCIExpress 16x
extraGPU - Matrox TripleHead2go analog 3x17" 1x15"
OS - Windows 7 64Bit
Audio - Motu 896
Speakers - Mackie MR8
 11/11/2008 06:11 PM

Author Icon
magdary
Case Modder

Thanks in the end i used serif web plus to pull the files down and then pasted them into the older web i had backed up on my pc and re applied the theme and it looks like it has worked, thankfully.

I found out how to do it on front page but it didnt retrieve some of the files making the site not work properly.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information