Increase font size
Topic Title: Phone battery gone wierd
Topic Summary: Too much lifetime
Created On: 01/08/2010 09:42 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/08/2010 09:42 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Overmind
Assimilator

My K850i phone battery usually lasts 7 or 8 days, which is good. Now when I returned home this year on 2nd, I recharged it. Yesterday (7th) I checked the indicator and it was 81%. Now it's been almost 24 more hours and it's at 74%.
Normally it should of drained by now below 33%, but it looks like it didn't. 25% drain for 6 days is ...weird.
Anyone have a good explanation ?

Note: no alien or other nature material infested the battery as far as I know.

-------------------------

World's best Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge mod and Star Trek: Starfleet Command 3 mod: Overmind.ro
 01/09/2010 11:16 AM

Author Icon
technic58
Minister of Spare Parts

Just not using it as much?

Wish my battery would all of a sudden do that. If anyone has Verizon, DON'T get the Samsung Sway. The battery life is absolutely horrendous.

My GT430 Is Folding For AMD Team 34106
FOR A GOOD CAUSE---Accepting Donations of New, Used, Working, Nonworking PC Components
Thanks to KLEETUS for his generous donation of components!!
 01/10/2010 01:20 AM

Author Icon
Xajel
Case Modder

Well, it's about how you use it...

I'm missing these several days of charging...

my last dump phone was K750i, and when it get thursty it failed ( only keys even thought it stayed in that cold water for 2+ Hours and it was ringing too, now it's working but the sluggish key make it very inpractical )... so I used an old K700i for several month untill I got the W960i.. still lives between my little brother hands... as I already got the Satio

the W960i can live for 3 - 5 days depending on usage, and this is 2 days less than K750, and K700 was working for 7 - 8 days...

now with the Satio, hell it's just battery eater !! it won't stay for 2 days !! sometimes I need to charge it everyday ( specially when I play suduku )... I can life with this as I already have chargers every where ( home, car, laptop bag ( USB + outlet power ) ) but it's just annoying !!
 01/11/2010 01:35 AM

Author Icon
Overmind
Assimilator

Battery is now at 54%. Still over any limit reached before. I didn't talk less or more then usual (which is not very much indeed since this is the VIP number), but I did listen to some music on it. Anyway 9 days suppose to drain it out, but it's been almost 9 days and it's 50%+...so that's...good.

Xajel, I also have a secondary (spam number) in a K750i which is build of of 3 damaged phones. I critically damaged the original one's LCD screen when force-jumping off a building to another (the phone didn't force-jump with me and landed on metal plates). An integrated circuit I fried intentionally for experimental purpose. Out of two other recycled similar phones I rebuilt mine and now it works pretty well. Good thing I have two back-up batteries for it. Battery life is about 5-6 days.

World's best Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge mod and Star Trek: Starfleet Command 3 mod: Overmind.ro
 01/11/2010 02:43 AM

Author Icon
Royal Flush
Alpha Geek

My Palm Pre only lasts me like a whole day and a half. Then again I do use it actively to search for places or when using GPS. I'm not one of those people that you see texting nonstop.

zzzap!
 01/12/2010 06:02 PM

Author Icon
agaia123

Don't feel bad RO. The electronics down here in Mexico are doing the same will with my CP. You will find some sure fired solutions to the current problem here: [h. It's beyond a usual programming, software electronic issue.
 01/25/2010 01:14 AM

Author Icon
Overmind
Assimilator

I forgut to update this. On the 1th the battery still had 15% power so I set it to recharge. It actually did hold twice as usual. Now it seems to be back on the usual 6-7-8 day track.

Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information