Topic Title: AMD 10-Core PILEDRIVER
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/27/2011 02:36 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/27/2011 02:36 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Royal Flush
Alpha Geek

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/07...river-chips-revealed/

The net is alive today with news that AMD is planning a 10 core CPU sometime next year, based on a revision to their Bulldozer design codenamed Piledriver.

The new processor was revealed in a deck of presentation slides leaked by the Chinese news site Zol.com.nc, and shows that these new processors won't have on board graphics and will require a new motherboard socket, called FM2, which supercedes the current AM3+ board. Just behind these 'up to 10 core' CPUs is confirmation of the Trinity CPU/GPU hybrid that was announced at Computex, which will also use the Piledriver architecture and FM2 socket.

While we're still waiting to see samples of the delayed Bulldozer CPUs - which will have up to eight cores and be known as the AMD FX when they launch - this isn't surprising news. AMD had already said that they plan to launch 10 core server chips codenamed Sepang next year, so it makes sense that the desktop line will follow suit.

Not surprising, but still quite exciting. A decacore processor gives games developers an interesting target to work towards for elements of the game engine that can be heavily multithreaded.

-------------------------
zzzap!
 07/27/2011 11:05 PM

Author Icon
technic58
Minister of Spare Parts

"Piledriver." Ahahahaha. I love that.

My GT430 Is Folding For AMD Team 34106
FOR A GOOD CAUSE---Accepting Donations of New, Used, Working, Nonworking PC Components
Thanks to KLEETUS for his generous donation of components!!
 07/28/2011 08:07 AM

Author Icon
Immortal Lobster
Resident Crustacean

Well.... I was going to wait another year to upgrade anyhow....!

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
 07/29/2011 10:00 PM

Author Icon
MU_Engineer
Dr. Mu

Originally posted by: Royal Flush

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/07...chips-revealed/

The net is alive today with news that AMD is planning a 10 core CPU sometime next year, based on a revision to their Bulldozer design codenamed Piledriver.

The new processor was revealed in a deck of presentation slides leaked by the Chinese news site Zol.com.nc, and shows that these new processors won't have on board graphics and will require a new motherboard socket, called FM2, which supercedes the current AM3+ board. Just behind these 'up to 10 core' CPUs is confirmation of the Trinity CPU/GPU hybrid that was announced at Computex, which will also use the Piledriver architecture and FM2 socket.

While we're still waiting to see samples of the delayed Bulldozer CPUs - which will have up to eight cores and be known as the AMD FX when they launch - this isn't surprising news. AMD had already said that they plan to launch 10 core server chips codenamed Sepang next year, so it makes sense that the desktop line will follow suit.

Not surprising, but still quite exciting. A decacore processor gives games developers an interesting target to work towards for elements of the game engine that can be heavily multithreaded.

This is already known. The generation of Opterons beyond the soon-to-be-released Valencia/Interlagos units will be based on 10-core dies. Generally high-end desktop and server use similar dies, so I'd expect the successor to Orochi to use the same 10-core dies.

08/08/2011 08:55 PM

Author Icon
Athlonuser
Overclocker

oh wow...piledriver...that sounds heavy duty

Desktop: AMD Opteron 170 2.7ghz OC, 440gb HDD space (3 HDDs in RAID-0), 4GB RAM, Hec X Power Pro 600W PSU, Gigabyte GTX 260 OC, two dvd burners, HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card

Laptop: Dell Inspiron 15 N5040, Core i3 380M, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD
 08/22/2011 11:37 PM

Author Icon
Elie_M
Lurker

From my understanding, we are waiting for AMD to release the "Bulldozer" which should have up to 16 cores. AMD has fallen to 4% of the server market and has 55% of the Supercomputer market. The bulldozer will be the first cpu with 16 cores according to all I have read. This should increase the cpu capabilities of servers per rack space and hopefully help AMD increase its market share in this area.

Creative Problem Solver and System Engineer
 08/23/2011 07:43 PM

Author Icon
P.I.O.N.E.E.R
Lurker

How much performance improvement we will see in enhanced bulldozer module?any know about that?
 08/24/2011 12:13 PM

Author Icon
troydosdos
Lurker

I love this!
 08/24/2011 10:46 PM

Author Icon
MU_Engineer
Dr. Mu

Originally posted by: P.I.O.N.E.E.R

How much performance improvement we will see in enhanced bulldozer module?any know about that?

I'm guessing a fairly small amount on a clock-for-clock and module-for-module basis. Bulldozer is a brand-new microarchitecture that hasn't even been released yet. A brand-new microarchitecture generally doesn't get changed much at all until at least two revisions after the initial parts launch. The first revision typically is a die shrink that doesn't change the microarchitecture very much if at all:

- Intel's NetBurst debuted on 180 nm (Willamette/Foster) and the next revision shrunk the die to 130 nm (Northwood/Prestonia, Gallatin) and added cache. It was the revision after that (90 nm- Prescott, et al.) that significantly changed the microarchitecture by adding 11 pipeline stages and x86_64 capability.

- AMD's K7 had only one very minor change in the fourth-revision parts, which was to add SSE support in the Palomino Athlon XPs. K7 had six revisions in total before it was extensively modified to become the K8 microarchitecture.

- K8 underwent only one minor change with the addition of SSE3 in E-stepping parts, and K8 had five silicon revisions before it was moderately tweaked to become K10/Stars.

- K10/Stars has not undergone any microarchitectural changes of note despite having three different chip revisions (65 nm Phenom I -> 45 nm Athlon II/Phenom -> 32 nm Llano)

- Intel's P6 microarchitecture went through six revisions before getting a significant microarchitectural improvement. 2001's PIII Tualatin is microarchitecturally 1995's Pentium Pro with MMX and SSE. It wasn't until Intel's Israel branch debuted the P6+ Pentium M Banias in 2003 that many changes were made to the underlying microarchitecture. Dothan was a simple die shrink of Banias to 90 nm, and the Yonah Core Duo that came after Dothan simply added SSE3.

- Intel's microarchitecture plans after P6+ were to tweak the microarchitecture on every other chip revision and die shrink on the ones they don't tweak. 65 nm Conroe was a significant change to 65 nm Yonah, while the shrink of Conroe to 45 nm Penryn only added SSE4.1. Penryn to 45 nm Nehalem was a moderate microarchitecture change, but little changed between Nehalem and 32 nm Westmere. Westmere to 32 nm Sandy Bridge was a very small microarchitectural change- mainly the addition of 256-bit AVX support. Sandy Bridge is expected to basically just be shrunk to 22 nm to create its successor, Ivy Bridge.

Also, AMD is planning to add two cores to the next-generation products but probably use the same 32 nm process they're using now. Die sizes for the full-house 4-module BD v1 die on 32 nm is supposed to be 315 mm^2, which is pretty large and doesn't give a lot of room to tweak the uarch much if you are adding two more cores and their associated caches.

The thing that IS changing a lot between Bulldozer v1 and Enhanced Bulldozer is the platforms. C32 and G34 on server are moving to C2012 and G2012, and probably having the two-chip SR56x0/SP5100 chipset move to a single-chip FCH with PCIe controlled by the CPUs. AM3+ is also going away to be replaced by Socket FM2, likely also using an FCH like FM1 uses.

09/30/2011 08:14 PM

Author Icon
Super XP
Deprecated

Is there any truth to Piledriver sticking with Socket AM3+ for all of 2012, then slowly moving to socket FM2 by middle of 2013 or so?

Personally this is a good move by AMD if true, because it just makes Bulldozer a better buy. No point in buying into the AM3+ just to see it killed off right....

LINK:
Bulldozer to be succeeded by Vishera core (Piledriver) - Socket AM3+

AMD FX 8120 @ 4.40GHz (8-Cores)
Asus Crosshair V
G-Skill RipJaw DDR3-1866 16GB (4 x 4GB)
Corsair H100
Corsair 180GB SSD Force Series 3
Windows 7 Ult. x64
 10/01/2011 09:22 PM

Author Icon
brane227
Lurker

1. I don't understand what all the fuss is about. BD is not THAT much better than Ph2. It is bump on the evolutionary road of x86 platform, nothing more.

2. Piledriver is just nextgen chip with an improved cores and 1 complete core extra( or, as AMD PR department likes to call it , "module" ).

3. Main bottleneck was not the CPU per se, but OS util SW abilities.

All that means that BD 1/2 will be nice upgrade for old or dying machines. But to loose perfectly good Ph2 system for BD is IMHO stupid.

On a journey of life I chose the psycho path...

Edited: 10/01/2011 at 09:46 PM by brane227
 10/02/2011 12:03 PM

Author Icon
SlayerX
Elite

Your a strange cookie brane (no offence) but your probaly right. clock for clock the BD is probaly not going to be that much better than the PII's but I bet most of the people who are going to buy the BD are going to OC it and what I've read on it so far thats were its going to shine. something like how my old PIIx4 955 totaly out classed my really old Px4 9850

PII 1100T (Extinct)
Asus M4A78T-E (should be Extinct)
4Gb of Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz DDR3 (Going strong)
2x1GB 5850's (On their last lags)
Corsair HX850W (Awsome)
NZXT Phantom case (too ***** big)
 10/02/2011 11:13 PM

Author Icon
Super XP
Deprecated

So if that was the case then where did AMD take that so called Bulldozer being approx: 30% to 50% performance improvement over Phenom II clock for clock in most apps/games.

Bulldozer may not be the saving grace as many thought, though it will still compete quite well with Intel's CPU's and should blow away the PII's.

As for Piledriver, it should be based on a modified Bulldozer design. AMD sticking with Socket AM3+ for the rest of 2012 is IMO a good idea, gives people the security of buying Bulldozer today and not waiting. But AMD needs to dump that socket in 2013, and finally release the real Piledriver with a Quad-Channel design...

Asus Crosshair V
Corsair H100
Windows 7 Ult. x64
 10/03/2011 12:26 AM

Author Icon
brane227
Lurker

Originally posted by: SlayerX

Your a strange cookie brane (no offence) but your probaly right. clock for clock the BD is probaly not going to be that much better than the PII's but I bet most of the people who are going to buy the BD are going to OC it and what I've read on it so far thats were its going to shine. something like how my old PIIx4 955 totaly out classed my really old Px4 9850

1. This is not so much technical as fanboy forum, where probably none could explain CPU booting process in detail but we have "blue led over klonkers" in abundance.

Since human eyes and brain are evolutionaly preconditioned to take notice of changes and edges, it is only natural that rational behaviour in such environment would screamingly stand out like a pig in Teheran.

2. Moore's law is no more, at least for classical CPUs ( and especially for that stinking pile of cr** that industry calls x86, in new 64-bit as well as old 32-bit flavour).
Get over it.

3. Let's assume for a moment that, had you got it, you would know what to do with extra CPU power.

How would you get it ?

1. Throw away x86 !!! It is total disaster. ARM/MIPS and just about anything else is much better, but classical computing has it limits. Changing solely CPU core won't change that. Yes, you can use 8192 Opterons or whatever else on special boards with special interconnect etc. But cost of such machine would buy you literraly an ocean of fluroescent dye you use for watercooling now. And a small galaxy of blue LEDs that you happen to use to pepper out with everything around you. Not to mention that MONTHLY electricity cost would kill you instantly.

2. Get yourself something CHEAP,low-power, heavilly parralel.

Something like this:

a: TILERA

or

b: PICOCHIP

or

c: GreenArrays(Chuck Moore - creator of Forth )

Design a system of boards and use them in reasonable quantities.

3. Write your own app to run with little or preferably none OS involvement.

4. DON'T OVERCLOCK ANYTHING!!!
It's quite the opposite - usually you can get FASTER RESULT WITH __UNDERCLOCKING__.

You read that right. Here it's not about how fast ONE core can run. Limit here is your electricity bill, so it's about MPG - how much computing will each kWh get you.
And that sweet spot is usually below the rated speed. Furthermore, if you do your board design and cooling right, you might be able to achieve reliable operation at lower voltages with same speed, further reducing the consumption per core.

Calculation is simple- more economic core is, more of them you can use for a given available power and energy envelope, hence faster your machine is.

If you are truly about computing speed and if value of "Pi" really interests you that much to the million decimals every 15 minutes ( and you're in such hurry that EVERY MILISECOND COUNTS ), then this is your route.

If not:

1. Cut your misery and admit that you are blueled poser and overgrown child and be done with it.

2. Stop spending money on stupidities under false pretences and stop stimulating others to compete with you "on a quest for speed".
You are computer litterate speed freak just about as much as I am a Knight. And since I am overweight ***** with a crappy job in second world microcountry, you can calculate left part of that equasion for yourself.

If you enjoy sight of polished metal and blue leds etc, great.
I have nothing against that.
But then call it by its real name- you have a fetish.

I don't see why we all can't admit, that last generation of x86 are fine machines by many accounts and certainly capable performes for jobs that 99,99% of users will load on them and that bottleneck is elsewhere - usually on the SW part of the bundle.
PS: But main one is almost always in brain quality of the user.

On a journey of life I chose the psycho path...

Edited: 10/03/2011 at 03:15 AM by brane227
 10/03/2011 03:12 AM

Author Icon
action man

Brane you need to remove that chip from your shoulder and stop throwing denigrating comments around. it doesnt make you look any more intelligent, if anything it just reinforces peoples opinions of you.

keep your comments to the topic in hand without resorting to petty insults please.

A.M.

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?
 10/03/2011 09:13 PM

Author Icon
MU_Engineer
Dr. Mu

Originally posted by: brane227

1. I don't understand what all the fuss is about. BD is not THAT much better than Ph2. It is bump on the evolutionary road of x86 platform, nothing more.

Bulldozer is "only" the first truly new x86 microarchitecture made since the ill-fated NetBurst architecture of the Pentium 4. AMD's current products are very clearly descendants of 1999's K7 core. K8 obviously made certain parts of the core wider and added more SIMD functionality, but the structure of the FPU, AGUs, and pipelines remained largely unmodified. Ditto with Intel's Sandy Bridge- it hails back to 1995's P6 Pentium Pro. It's modified a little bit more compared to P6 than Stars is to K7, but the microarchitecture design is very similar. I'd call the first truly new microarchitecture in 11 years a pretty big deal.

I don't exactly know what you are expecting from Bulldozer, or for that matter, any new CPU? Silicon microprocessors are a fairly mature product- they've been around for decades. Mature products rarely have anything but incremental improvements. Look at the car you drive- it's not that different from units in the 1930s. Sure, your car may have fuel injection and power steering and brakes, but in the end, it's very similar.

2. Piledriver is just nextgen chip with an improved cores and 1 complete core extra( or, as AMD PR department likes to call it , "module" ).

...which is exactly as expected, given than Bulldozer is a new microarchitecture. AMD has been tweaking the K7 microarchitecture since 1999 and Intel is still tweaking 1995's P6, so expecting a brand-new microarchitecture every year is absolutely SILLY. DItto with new die shrinks every year- we are nearing the limits of CMOS technology and the cost to shrink is increasing exponentially with each shrink. We will be seeing shrinks LESS often rather than more often.

3. Main bottleneck was not the CPU per se, but OS util SW abilities.

You are running Linux. Linux runs on nearly every supercomputer worthy of the name. An 8-core single-socket CPU is NOT putting much of a strain on the OS's abilities to handle threads. Shoot, you are a Gentoo user, you should know that CONFIG_NR_CPUS on amd64 goes WAY over 8 (it goes from 1 to 4096.) There are also excellent threading APIs available for that OS (MPI, for example), else you wouldn't see Linux used so much in HPC and enterprise servers. Just because some crappy Windows game only uses a few threads does not mean that nothing is able to use more than 4-6 cores.

All that means that BD 1/2 will be nice upgrade for old or dying machines. But to loose perfectly good Ph2 system for BD is IMHO stupid.

Many Phenom II systems fall into one of two camps- AM2/AM2+ units that originally held 65 nm Rev G A64s or Rev B Phenoms and were upgraded to Phenom IIs, or AM3/AM3+ units that likely can take Bulldozers. So you either upgraded your system already or it can be upgraded further in many cases. What is there to complain about there, especially considering that AMD's competition rarely allows much of any CPU upgrades any more.

Originally posted by: brane227

Originally posted by: SlayerX

1. This is not so much technical as fanboy forum, where probably none could explain CPU booting process in detail but we have "blue led over klonkers" in abundance.

No, actually we covered CPU booting when somebody wanted to know if they could boot two dissimilar Socket G34 Opterons in the same board. If you want a fanboy forum, Xtreme Systems and Anandtech's forums come to mind way before here does. (They're Intel fanboy forums, not AMD fanboy forums.) Shoot, many people here openly advertise that they run Intel systems for crying out loud.

Since human eyes and brain are evolutionaly preconditioned to take notice of changes and edges, it is only natural that rational behaviour in such environment would screamingly stand out like a pig in Teheran.

The only thing I took notice of was your atrocious spelling. By the way, if you are so smart, how does a *computer* take notice of changes and edges (in an image)? And furthermore, can you actually do that math by hand? I know at least one person here who can...

2. Moore's law is no more, at least for classical CPUs ( and especially for that stinking pile of cr** that industry calls x86, in new 64-bit as well as old 32-bit flavour).

Moore's Law, really, "Moore's Observation" is still pretty accurate. The transistor budgets allowed by fairly regular lithography process shrinks coupled with ever-larger wafers allow for the massive caches and multiple cores we've been using the roughly double transistor count every 18 months.

Also, x86 isn't x86 any more, and hasn't been for a long time. Ever since the K5 and P6, "x86" CPUs have instruction decoders to translate x86 instructions into core-native operations. Also, the classical load-and-store single-instruction-per-cycle RISC microarchitectures have adopted a lot of the "nasty" of x86, namely CISC insutructions (what else do you think SIMD is?) and out-of-order instruction scheduling. Why did they do this? x86 had SO much more performance it wasn't funny. Even with a lot of the "nasty" stuff from x86, non-x86 is still considerably behind x86. How well does a dual-core ARM Cortex compare clock-for-clock with a dual-core Phenom II? Or shoot, even the crappiest x86 chip on the market, the Intel Atom? It's not even close, and the crappy Atom is even an in-order chip! The only RISC out there that has decent performance is IBM's POWER7, and anybody can get decent performance out of a chip if they can throw a hundred megabytes of cache on it and have 200W+ TDPs that MANDATE liquid cooling. Oh, and sell the CPUs for five digits apiece.

Get over it.

Likewise.

3. Let's assume for a moment that, had you got it, you would know what to do with extra CPU power.

I certainly would, considering I am already running a 16-core machine. It would make my video encoding and compiling go considerably faster.

1. Throw away x86 !!! It is total disaster. ARM/MIPS and just about anything else is much better, but classical computing has it limits. Changing solely CPU core won't change that. Yes, you can use 8192 Opterons or whatever else on special boards with special interconnect etc. But cost of such machine would buy you literraly an ocean of fluroescent dye you use for watercooling now. And a small galaxy of blue LEDs that you happen to use to pepper out with everything around you. Not to mention that MONTHLY electricity cost would kill you instantly.

Okay, and what would you use in place of a massive Opteron (or Xeon) cluster? Pay 10 times as much for IBM POWER7s that suck down even MORE energy and actually require liquid cooling? And no, enterprise computing does not use garbage like fluorescent dye, they often don't even use water as the coolant. A bunch of GPUs that are fairly limited in the types of operations that they can do, owing to the intrinsic design of the GPU, the small amount of onboard memory, and the slow external data bus? A cluster of CPUs like ARM or MIPS CPUs that are even slower core-for-core than x86 and thus are bottlenecked even more by the CPU interconnects?

2. Get yourself something CHEAP,low-power, heavilly parralel.

Something like this:

a: TILERA

or

b: PICOCHIP

or

c: GreenArrays(Chuck Moore - creator of Forth )

None of those are even close in performance to what you can get with x86 hardware. The Tilera unit is a limited-function coprocessor similar to what a GPU can do. Good for some things, decidedly NOT for others. The Picochip is a wireless access point system, not a processor. I looked at the GreenArrays thing and it looks like an FPGA. The datasheet link gave me an HTTP 503 error (unable to service request due to machine downtime)- not a good sign from a company selling purportedly super-powerful hardware. If it is a glorified FPGA, it's also considerably more limited in usefulness than a typical x86 CPU.

3. Write your own app to run with little or preferably none OS involvement.

So don't use any of the OS's thread handling or APIs and instead write all of your own from scratch and reinvent the wheel. Yeah, that's really a step in the right direction...

4. DON'T OVERCLOCK ANYTHING!!!

It's quite the opposite - usually you can get FASTER RESULT WITH __UNDERCLOCKING__.

I agree to not overclock things, but it's for reliability purposes. You won't get a faster result in any calculation by underclocking as the CPU takes longer to execute the exact same operations.

You read that right. Here it's not about how fast ONE core can run. Limit here is your electricity bill, so it's about MPG - how much computing will each kWh get you.

You are confusing three completely different issues. Cars operate on a completely different process than computers and have considerably different efficiency curves. CPU power usage increases exponentially with voltage increases like aerodynamic drag does with velocity, but there is also a minimum voltage you can run a CPU at due to the transistor acting like an amplifier rather than a switch. Heat production scales linearly with speed, so as long as you don't touch the voltage, a CPU running at a higher speed is equally efficient as one running at a slower speed.

And that sweet spot is usually below the rated speed. Furthermore, if you do your board design and cooling right, you might be able to achieve reliable operation at lower voltages with same speed, further reducing the consumption per core.

You will also run into the point where silicon transistors no longer act as switches but as amplifiers. This is about 600 mV and modern chips don't operate at voltages all that much higher, so there is not a tremendous amount of efficiency to be gained from radically underclocking.

Calculation is simple- more economic core is, more of them you can use for a given available power and energy envelope, hence faster your machine is.

You are completely forgetting that the increased number of cores you need to have to get the same performance ALSO cost money, not just the electricity costing money.

If you are truly about computing speed and if value of "Pi" really interests you that much to the million decimals every 15 minutes ( and you're in such hurry that EVERY MILISECOND COUNTS ), then this is your route.

If not:

1. Cut your misery and admit that you are blueled poser and overgrown child and be done with it.

2. Stop spending money on stupidities under false pretences and stop stimulating others to compete with you "on a quest for speed".

You are computer litterate speed freak just about as much as I am a Knight. And since I am overweight ***** with a crappy job in second world microcountry, you can calculate left part of that equasion for yourself.

If you enjoy sight of polished metal and blue leds etc, great.

I have nothing against that.

But then call it by its real name- you have a fetish.

I don't see why we all can't admit, that last generation of x86 are fine machines by many accounts and certainly capable performes for jobs that 99,99% of users will load on them and that bottleneck is elsewhere - usually on the SW part of the bundle.

PS: But main one is almost always in brain quality of the user.

I think somebody forgot his Haldol this morning...

10/03/2011 09:56 PM

Author Icon
Super XP
Deprecated

AMD Piledriver 10% faster than Bulldozer and based on Socket AM3+.....
http://www.nordichardware.com/...er-than-bulldozer.html

Asus Crosshair V
Corsair H100
Windows 7 Ult. x64
 10/04/2011 12:30 AM

Author Icon
QB the Slayer
Case Modder

Excellent news

QB

The MONSTER HTPC

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 C2 (140W).||.Cooler: Corsair H80i
MB: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7.||.RAM: 8 GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3 2000MHz (7-10-8-27-1T)
Case: CoolerMaster HAF 932.||.PSU: Corsair HX750
GPU:HIS IceQ 5 Radeon HD 5770 Turbo 1GB.||.Audio: Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro w/ Logitech Z-5300e (5.1, 280W-RMS)
Drive: 2xKingston SSD 40GB RAID0.||.Storage: 6TB (4x500GB Caviar Black RAID0, 2TB Hitachi & 2TB Caviar Green)
 10/04/2011 01:04 AM

Author Icon
unacomn
Lurker

If they keep the AM3+ socket, picking up a new motherboard is going to be a lot simpler. I can start planning for my new PC already and just add a CPU when it gets released, by then, I should actually have the budget for the new build.

Inventor of manual rendering.

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 1.8GHZ || 1GB RAM ||Sapphire Radeon X1950 Pro 512MB || Still rockin' in 2011(But seriously, I hope Bulldozer isn't very expensive, I need an upgrade)
 10/04/2011 05:44 AM

Author Icon
Orn
Titanic Jelly Hammer

overclocking is overrated, underclocking the bomb!!!!, I mean why all the rush man!?, be slow and steady and watch as time passes by bro...... I mean c'mon if we were going that dont you think we'd be in, I dont know in the crab nebula by now??/

goddammit I like strawberry jelly
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information