Increase font size
Topic Title: vision control center
Topic Summary: how to enable second video cad
Created On: 07/03/2012 02:37 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/03/2012 02:37 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
bc
Lurker

a8 3850 with asus 6670 gddr5 video card.

win 7 64bit, vcc 12.6

device manager says both 6550d and 6670 are installed properly but in vcc it says 6670 is disabled , how do i enable it ? also cossfire box is not coming up.
 07/03/2012 03:05 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
The Frozen One

If you physically installed the card and have not reinstalled Catalyst, try doing that and see if it corrects the situation. If it doesn't you may have to uninstall Catalyst (everything except the USB driver), run DriverSweeper (in safe mode with elevated permissions) and then reinstall Catalyst again (make sure you reboot 2 to 3 times before going back into Catalyst and attempting to configure anything.

-------------------------
The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
 07/03/2012 04:29 PM

Author Icon
bc
Lurker

Yup tried that, i did the same basic build some months ago and had no problem but the difference is my friend is using a gddr5 version as compared to a ddr3 version i used. I am wondering if the gddr5 versions have a comparability issue ?

Thanks for the reply
 07/03/2012 04:56 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
The Frozen One

Hmmm....AMD really needs to keep their stuff updated,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A..._.2F_Hybrid_CrossFireX

Not sure if this helps you out at all, but I gave it a shot. Personally, I have never messed with AMD's APUs so I don't have any hand's on to base anything off of.

Cheers!

-------------------------
The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information