Increase font size
Topic Title: Overscanning Issue With New Update
Topic Summary: Annoying Border
Created On: 07/08/2012 09:29 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/08/2012 09:29 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
anasazigb
Lurker

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum so hopefully im posting this in the correct place. If not, I apologize in advance.

So, earlier this week, AMD informed my computer that an update was available. This update was AMD 12.6.

I downloaded and updated it to 12.6 but soon after, found that there was an annoying problem. Unlike any of the previous updates, that stupid overscan issue popped up again. For some reason, whenever I boot/re-boot my computer, the desktop shows up as not being overscanned (ie...with that black border around it or the whole screen not being utilized, however you want to put it). Once i boot my computer, this happens and its odd that after about 5 minutes or so, it decides that it wants to change back to the fullscreen mode by itself. Its almost as if the update is "laggy", it boots up, then after 5-6 minutes, realizes that its supposed to be in full screen overscanned mode, then changes, regardless of whether or not im doing anything on my computer.

I've gone into the CCC and checked, and the overscan bar is where it's supposed to be. It's not entirely annoying considering it does eventually change back to the way it's supposed to be, but the annoying factor comes with me having to re-arrange my icons and a couple of my startup windows (like AIM) whenever it boots up.

I was wondering if anyone had any idea why it was doing this, as someone else contacted me about a question I posted in a different forum saying that they had the exact same problem and didn't have the problem until this last 12.6 update.

*(usually what happens when i update the AMD is that it will be downloading, half way through it will make my icons huge and change the resolution, and then a couple seconds later it will change back and the update is complete. This time it was different as it changed the icons and resolutions to be big, but when it changed back, it changed to being bordered, (like so many of us have had previous problems with at somepoint).*

Thanks for your help in advance and hopefully there is some solution, or at least answer to why this is happening.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information