Topic Title: Wow!!! Feels like I Just got Kicked-in-the-Gut
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/28/2012 12:08 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/28/2012 05:31 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Charlie22911
Voodoo Programmer

It's been fun guys. We've had a long run, but this was to be expected. This place has been hurting for years...

-------------------------
Desktop:
Phenom II x6 1055T @ 4GHz | 4x2GB Patriot DDR3 1600 @ 2000 | 3x AMD Radeon HD6970 Crossfire

Laptop:
Core i7 2960xm @ 4.2Ghz | 4x4GB Kingston DDR3 1866 | 2x GTX 580m SLI OC 725/1450/1500
 09/29/2012 12:13 AM

Author Icon
Canis-X
The Frozen One

I really enjoyed the good times with all of you guys over here. Sure does seem like not that long ago that I stumbled across this forum, my first, and learned what OC'ing was and how to do it. I really hope that you all come over to the game forum.....I know it won't be the same, but the more that do come over the closer it will be.....ya know!

Cheers!!

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
 09/29/2012 01:58 AM

Author Icon
unclefester1
Overclocker

What-ever, are you talking about @Canis ????

These Guys have been nothing but a Bad influence!!!

My Wallet hates em', my Credit Card, not to mention my Bank-account!!! WoW... And look where it's got you??

What a dis'gusting Lot!!!!!! (* Big O' -Drunkin' hug*) I Love yuzz Guys... ROTF

PS: Good to see our resident Freedom-Fighter check-in with HQ... *Respect*

Unfortunately it looks as if this ol' Ghost town is about to fade-off into the Setting-Sun

Antec 1650B
PC Power & Cooling Silencer 910w
ASUS M3A79-T DeLuxe
1090T x6 @Boiling in the La-Boratory
Corsair H70
OCZ Reaper 8500 2x2 *Pending
ASUS 5970 (under OC investigation)
EVGA 260 55nm (holding pattern)
SeaGate 320x2 16GB Sata
Creative X-Fi Elite Pro
Logitech Z-5500
XP Pro SP2

Edited: 09/29/2012 at 02:36 AM by unclefester1
 09/29/2012 04:25 PM

Author Icon
go_for
Alpha Geek

I enjoyed the time here also, learned a lot from you all. I hope the info in this forum does not fade too soon on the net. See you, over at amd game forums ! :-)

09/30/2012 12:15 AM

Author Icon
Canis-X
The Frozen One

removed

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

Edited: 09/30/2012 at 12:38 AM by Canis-X
 09/30/2012 03:25 PM

Author Icon
Decembermouse
Mad Scientist

This place rules, even with the slower traffic in recent years. You guys have all been great. Should you ever need to get ahold of me, you can use my Gmail address, which has the same username. I've also taken the liberty of setting up a subreddit for us to chat at, if you guys don't want to migrate over to the AMD Game Forums. I'll be on there also, but I don't know how often, as I'm not sure how much of this community will make it over there. I'll be watching for you all over there though, and I hope to see you again there.

We gave it more than a good run, guys and gals...

I joined this Forum in 2004 (I was only 18!), before I got my first computer. In fact, I created an account so I could discuss with all the bright and helpful people who populated this place which laptop I should get for college. I ended up with a Voodoo Envy M:860, with an Athlon 64 3400+ DTR (Clawhammer), 2x512MB PC2700, a Mobility Radeon 9700 with 128MB DDR, and a huge power brick. The 3400+ was an 81.5W laptop CPU, and it ran hot. I used to run Folding@Home on it, and it helped keep the dorm room warm. A 64-bit CPU, in fall of 2004... that was awesome. I never did use it for a 64-bit OS though, but I still have that CPU, sitting in my collection. I did, however, keep posting on the Forums here. I didn't just vanish once I'd gotten the information I needed, and it turns out this was the right decision, for many reasons. When I joined, I hadn't even graduated high school. Since then, I've been through college, worked for two years, and now I'm in my third year of graduate school. Time flies, huh?

I've discussed computer issues, upgrades, cooling ideas, various hardware manufacturers, speculation about upcoming products (Bulldozer was the DNF of computer hardware haha), personal lives and problems, cars, and a ton more. I've sent parts to people, donated to Technic's computer ministry, and I've gotten parts from others. This really has been a great community made up of people who really care about each other, and it has meant a lot to me over the years. This place has always been here, after breakups and other interesting life events, and during the good times as well. To those of you with whom I will never speak again, thank you for your time reading and responding to everything I've written, and for helping me finally become a real computer geek. Now I'm the go-to guy now for family and friends, as are many of you. It's all because of this place. It all started here. This was the first forum I ever joined.

http://www.reddit.com/r/amdforums

Anyway, come find me if you like! On Skype I'm turbodecember, and you know my Gmail address. I really value everything I've gained from this place and hope that I've helped some of you out in the past eight and half years or so as well. I really will miss this place, and I'll raise a glass to the passing of everything this place has been, and has stood for. I've spent many nights perusing and discussing, and made a bunch of friends. Find me - wherever you see Decembermouse, that's me.

As one final order of business, I'd like to declare myself the all-time FROTM champion, even though I never won, because... well, see for yourself!

So you may keep all your badges and victories, but know that the ultimate victory goes to me! Haha... riiight.

Cheers! - in fact, keep in touch with me, and if any of you are ever close by, I'll buy you a beer!

Titanic jelly hammers for all.

Btw Mime, feel free to give me some interesting title to be remembered by... that would be really cool!

ASRock M3A785GMH/128M
Phenom II X4 925c2 @ 2.80GHz (95W)
OCZ Platinum PC3-1333 2x2GB 7-7-7-21
WD5000AADS
Raidmax RX-500AF
Check it out.

Edited: 09/30/2012 at 04:10 PM by Decembermouse
 09/30/2012 11:29 PM

Author Icon
MU_Engineer
Dr. Mu

It's been fun...see you guys around!

09/30/2012 11:59 PM

Author Icon
unclefester1
Overclocker

Originally posted by: MU_Engineer

It's been fun...see you guys around!

Good to see a fellow Die-hard stroll through on the final eve.

Looks like it's time to turn the page and start a new Chapter.

Good-Luck to All in your future endeavors.

UF

Antec 1650B
PC Power & Cooling Silencer 910w
ASUS M3A79-T DeLuxe
1090T x6 @Boiling in the La-Boratory
Corsair H70
OCZ Reaper 8500 2x2 *Pending
ASUS 5970 (under OC investigation)
EVGA 260 55nm (holding pattern)
SeaGate 320x2 16GB Sata
Creative X-Fi Elite Pro
Logitech Z-5500
XP Pro SP2
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information