Increase font size
Topic Title: System Recovery-Please Hint
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/20/2004 11:47 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/20/2004 11:47 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
::Philix::Transa::

I had a question that somebody might answer.

I had a recent system Recovery due to a system failure.
Now, some of my files were left untouched after restarting, but most of my applications and major software were deleted. I still have the icons, without the real software installed though.

Now, when i check my C:\ drive, i says that 35 Gb in use, 71 is free.... 5 Gb used in drive D:\ which is the recovery drive...

I am woundering if my applicatiions and games my be found somewhere in the system, burried under some recovery consule or something...

if somebidy knows something, i would appriciate any help!!!

Thanks!

-------------------------
My Webpage' ">http://www.geocities.com/fil_rios/forever
When the tyrant has disposed of foreign enemies by conquest or treaty, and there is nothing more to fear from them, then he is always stirring up some war or other, in order that the people may require a leader.
 06/20/2004 02:24 PM

Author Icon
Static

No your going to have to 1. reinstall any programs that were installed after the restore point that you returned your system state to. 2. you can undo the system restore.

images in sig used with permission design by tatachomika' ">http://www.wincustomize.com/skins.asp?authorid=1034273
 06/20/2004 04:39 PM

Author Icon
MacNews

That's why I don't use System Restore anymore, if the problem is that bad then just re-install Windows.

Against TCPA' ">http://www.againsttcpa.com/
 06/20/2004 05:29 PM

Author Icon
infiltrator
Linux Ninja

I also don't use system restore. It is a resource hog and it makes ones drives slow It is pretty usefull in the corporate field - but if you have a decent machine you could still use it.

I have seen system restore recover some systems that have been badly beaten up by viruses and spyware - so it has its uses. If your system bombs out really bad though - I normally end up re-installing the OS.

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information