Increase font size
Topic Title: Need help with Raid 0+1
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/30/2004 02:29 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/30/2004 02:29 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
INFRNL

Im looking to run a raid 0+1 setup so that my system is always backing itself up. Im not even sure if it works this way, but thats what I would like to do. I also dont understand why you need 4 drives to do this. in a sense I do, but not really. If you have a raid 0 for performance why would you need 2 more drives to back that one up. it would almost be like having 2 backup drives wouldnt it? I understand that raid 1 is mirroring, but I just want a mirror image backup of my raid 0 drives. I think I got the numbers correct, lol. Hopefully you get the idea of what Im looking at. I already have a program called backer to backup my data or anything else, but in the past Ive lost about a months worth of work because I hadnt backed up my data. But even with this, if something happens, you lose a day, 2 days, a week, or whatever. Thats why I would like to set something up so My system is constantly backing up. Or maybe this is a bad idea cause the system would have to work twice as hard all the time.

Also what is raid 5 and 10? I noticed that the new NForce 4 boards are supporting raid 5 and 10? at least oon the Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe

If anyone can help me or maybe has a better suggestion, It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any replies

Phillip

-------------------------
C2D: E6300, eVGA 680i, Evga 7600GT; Crucial Ballistix PC2-1000 DDR2-800 WD1500ADFD-00NLR0 RAPTOR, WD 4000YR (x2) (1:Storage,1:Backup)
Plextor (3) PX-760A, (1)PX-716UF, Windows XP SP2/Vista RC1/ GentooLinux

System 2:AMD OPTE
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information