Increase font size
Topic Title: emergency
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/30/2004 04:05 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/30/2004 04:05 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
dancobra

I swapped mobos now one won't even start the vid. I reset the cmos(remove batt, jump, jump back, reinstall batt) no help. Tried other monitor, processor, batt, memory, floppy won't read. WHAT DO I DO?

-------------------------
MSI K8N-Neo2 Platinum, AMD 64-bit 3500+newcastle, ASUS FX-5950, 72Gb WD 36GB Raptor x2 raid 0, Ballistix 1Gb (dual 512 pc3200), Allied 500W alum PS
 11/30/2004 04:08 AM

Author Icon
dancobra

Don't have pci vid card.

MSI K8N-Neo2 Platinum, AMD 64-bit 3500+newcastle, ASUS FX-5950, 72Gb WD 36GB Raptor x2 raid 0, Ballistix 1Gb (dual 512 pc3200), Allied 500W alum PS
 11/30/2004 10:10 AM

Author Icon
xamlit

I'm sorry what exactly is your problem? Why not just try reverting to your original motherboard and see if everything works. If so we can rule out the motherboard as malfunctional and you can RMA it or something. I'm not sure if this topic got split or something but I don't understand what you are trying to troubleshoot.
 11/30/2004 01:47 PM

Author Icon
amdrulesanduknowit

did u try the jumper that usually works for me a lot easier too i think lol
that is if u have small hands
 11/30/2004 01:49 PM

Author Icon
IntelOwnsALL

what motherboard?
it might be bad...

[Signature over size limits. Please see forum guidelines.]
 11/30/2004 02:00 PM

Author Icon
SolarisR
Overclocker

QUOTE (dancobra @ Nov 30 2004, 05:05 AM)I reset the cmos(remove batt, jump, jump back, reinstall batt) no help.
QUOTE (amdrulesanduknowit @ Nov 30 2004 @ 02:47 PM)did u try the jumper that usually works for me a lot easier too i think lol
that is if u have small hands
 11/30/2004 10:28 PM

Author Icon
dancobra

Thanks for the responses. Here is the response from asus tech support. Not bad for a first reply.

For those that were confused by my post, sorry I was up all night. I was trying to improve my home pc by swapping a better (just a little) mobo I had in my cad/cam pc at work. Then one of them still isn't working. I think it's the mobo, because I swapped in everything else. All the parts I tried have worked on other pc's after trying them.

""""
Dear Friend :

Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service.

My name is ZYC, and I would be assisting you today.

Please take your motherboard and others parts out off the case ,

put motherboard onto a flat desktop,connect everything need to boot with,

then try to power on system,

will the system powered on and boot up ?

if not ,

Please reset CMOS defualt by clear CMOS by:

1. Cut the power supply for whole system and open your case;
2. Take out the Cmos battery from the battery socket;
3. Install your battery with "reverse side" that means turn the battery 180 degree and put in into battery socket;
4. Hold about 30 seconds, then take out the battery and install it normally;
5. Plug the power cord and Power on .

if still bad , please take all your ram sticks out from motherboard , and power on . will it give you long-long-long repeat beep warning ? if so , please clean your ram co! nnectors with alcohol or with a clean rubber then install your ram sticks back, you can first install 1 stick of ram , if the system can boot with 1 ram stick , add another.

After above steps if the system does not boot and give no beeps, please take out your AGP vga card , power on , will it give you 1 long and 2 or 3 short beeps followed ? if so , please try to clean your VGA card connector and install it back to motherboard , or you can try to use another VGA card test again.

if nothing changes ,i suggest you take your motherboard and other parts all out off case ,then put them onto a flat desktop,connect everything needed for booting ,power on it .

if the above steps are all not helpful , i think maybe your motherboard or your CPU is faulty , you need take a future test for each one and make sure on earth which part cause system won't boot.

If it is due to motherboard faulty ,
i think you'd better contact board reseller or local asus se! rvice center or motherboard dealer for help to get a RMA.

if it is impossible to contact your dealer , please contact :

ASUS COMPUTER INTERNATIONAL

Tel: +1-502-995-0883
Fax: 510-608-4555

Or you can check this link for contact information :

http://usa.asus.com/contact/contactindex.htm' ">http://usa.asus.com/contact/contactindex.htm

Thank you for using ASUS products and services!

If you have any problem about our products, you can visit our support site below to search the solution at the first time!

http://www.asus.com.tw/support/support.aspx' ">http://www.asus.com.tw/support/support.aspx

ZYC

ASUS Customer Service Center (Beijing, China)

""""

The suggestion above about the battery upside down doesn't change polarity because of the way the case of the battery is designed. All it will do is short the cmos out like the jumper does. I think.LOL

The bad board is an early A7N8X-Deluxe rev 1.04 It was a replacement for a DOA new board. I had used this one for about a year. The proc is an XP2500 barton. It IS possible that I tweeked the board installing the HSF. I'll post the final diagnosis. LOL But I already ordered a Biostar M7NCD $47, better specs less 1 lan. DAN

11/30/2004 11:10 PM

Author Icon
amdrulesanduknowit

lol thats the same board i have lol
its all right very stable not very overclocker friendly cant turn up the vcore at all or lock the agp bus other than that its allright
 12/01/2004 01:12 PM

Author Icon
dancobra

Final resolution, The mobo is dead, I will RMA it, nice to have a 3 year warranty.

The Biostar M7NCD fired up with no problem, and XP Pro handled all the hardware changes nice, the device manager was "clean". Thanks for the help.

12/01/2004 01:16 PM

Author Icon
SolarisR
Overclocker

Sorry to hears its dead... But yeah, warranties are great, aren't they?

QUOTE please clean your ram co! nnectors with alcohol or with a clean rubber

I strongly advise against ZYC's suggested method of cleaning your RAM slots...
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information