Increase font size
Topic Title: ZipZoomFly
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/08/2005 01:18 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/08/2005 01:18 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
denrooster

Hope this is right place for this.

In the past few months that I've been a member of this forum I have made suggestions to order from this online store. I will not be making that suggestion anymore.

Reason: I orders a part ( Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro Sound Card Retail ***Free 2nd Day*** $369.00 ) from them last week and received the wrong part, THEIR FAULT. /mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif' /> /excl.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='excl.gif' /> I called their customer service and was told that they will send me a return label, but their policy (not written anywhere on web site) is that I will have to wait for them to receive the part before they will send out my original part. Asked to speak with a manager and was told he will call me back. After waiting 2 hours called back customer service and was tranfered to a supervisor. Explained situation once again and was told manager would call shortly. Waited another 2 hours no call, so I called again. This time was informed that manager was gone for the day and the person I was speaking with was already 5 minutes pass the time for her to leave. /ohmy.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='ohmy.gif' />

On Friday made several calls to manager leaving msgs each time no call. /sad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='sad.gif' />
Monday was day-off so I decided to wait and see if anyone would call. Nada, zip, no phucking call. /mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif' />

Called today, finally spoke with manager and was informed that they will not receive part until Friday. /mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif' /> /excl.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='excl.gif' /> He suggested that I should shell-out another 369.00 dollars for the part and they will refund when they receive part. /ohmy.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='ohmy.gif' />

My problem with this suggestion is that I've used other online stores and if they made a mistake like that they would send me the part with out waiting and also a return label. One site in-particular Cyber Acoustic sent me the wrong part and they told me to keep it, along with the part I needed.

Conclusion: I will not be ordering from them any more whether they have lowest price or not, or they are the only site with part at that time.

-------------------------
AMD 64 X2 4600+, Zalman CNPS9500 LED CPU, Windows XP X64, Asus A8N-E nForce4 Ultra Athlon 64(FX), Corsiar 2GB DDR400, ATI Radeon X800 XL DVD Edition PCI-E 256MB DDR3 , Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro Sound Card, Raptor 74.6 SATA 10,000RPM , Hitachi 7K500 500GB SATA II 7200RPM, 2 SONY Black DVD DRU720A, Thermaltake SOPRANO VB1000BWS Black, Hiper Modular TypeR 580W Power Supply . I'M IN HEAVEN!!!!&#
 11/08/2005 01:22 PM

Author Icon
danmagicman7

That is common practice for almost 100% of companies who sell products.

I know it sucks, but they made the mistake and are following up on it as best as they can.

By the way, what did they give you anyways?

And, this thread really won't lead to any discussion...nothing any good anyways.

Join the anti-signature club!<br><br>
 11/08/2005 01:26 PM

Author Icon
denrooster

The $119.00 version to this card.

And not all of them do that. Newegg made a mistake like that once and sent me the part I was to received at same time waiting for the wrong part to be returned.

AMD 64 X2 4600+, Zalman CNPS9500 LED CPU, Windows XP X64, Asus A8N-E nForce4 Ultra Athlon 64(FX), Corsiar 2GB DDR400, ATI Radeon X800 XL DVD Edition PCI-E 256MB DDR3 , Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro Sound Card, Raptor 74.6 SATA 10,000RPM , Hitachi 7K500 500GB SATA II 7200RPM, 2 SONY Black DVD DRU720A, Thermaltake SOPRANO VB1000BWS Black, Hiper Modular TypeR 580W Power Supply . I'M IN HEAVEN!!!!&#
 11/08/2005 01:30 PM

Author Icon
mckennma

Common practice. You can purchase the second item from ZZF and when they receive back the item, they will credit your card. Most companies no longer cross ship without a credit card to secure it and a long relationship.

ZZF has been good to me. I returned an Nvidia adapter and they gave me full refund for the price. No restocking fee.

Tyan Thunder K8WE
Dual AMD 280 Opterons
8GB NUMA enabled DDR333 2.5-3-3-7 RAM
PCI-X SCSI RAID
http://69.14.190.80
 11/08/2005 01:31 PM

Author Icon
danmagicman7

I'm sure it was an accidental mislabeling of the card.

For EVERY single hardware company I have dealt it is their policy to make you pay for the product and they will refund you as soon as they get the defective or wrong part back. It's the way it works.

It sucks, but ZipZoomFly is a very reputable company. I know a few people who have bought hundreds of thousands of dollars of stuff from that company.

Join the anti-signature club!<br><br>
 11/08/2005 01:33 PM

Author Icon
denrooster

QUOTE(mckennma @ Nov 8 2005, 02:30 PM)Common practice.  You can purchase the second item from ZZF and when they receive back the item, they will credit your card.  Most companies no longer cross ship without a credit card to secure it and a long relationship. 

ZZF has been good to me.  I returned an Nvidia adapter and they gave me full refund for the price.  No restocking fee.
[right][snapback]541052[/snapback][/right]

I would have gladly done that if I made the mistake. I've done that in the past with ZZF.

11/08/2005 01:36 PM

Author Icon
denrooster

QUOTE(danmagicman7 @ Nov 8 2005, 02:31 PM)I'm sure it was an accidental mislabeling of the card.

For EVERY single hardware company I have dealt it is their policy to make you pay for the product and they will refund you as soon as they get the defective or wrong part back.  It's the way it works.

It sucks, but ZipZoomFly is a very reputable company.  I know a few people who have bought hundreds of thousands of dollars of stuff from that company.
[right][snapback]541054[/snapback][/right]

The box was labeled correctly, they had me check.

11/08/2005 01:39 PM

Author Icon
mckennma

Returns at most places take 21-30 days to process. You probably labeled it correctly. It can sit on their dock for a few days before processing.

Tyan Thunder K8WE
Dual AMD 280 Opterons
8GB NUMA enabled DDR333 2.5-3-3-7 RAM
PCI-X SCSI RAID
http://69.14.190.80
 11/08/2005 01:40 PM

Author Icon
Tamerz
Elite

Sorry to hear about the trouble, but I have had only good luck with them. Even back when they used to be googlegear.com

I think the fair thing would be if they used your credit card as a hold, ship the right one out to you immediately, and pay for shipping of the wrong one back. That way they don't charge the card, but yet still have it for security purposes.
 11/08/2005 01:55 PM

Author Icon
denrooster

QUOTE(Tamerz @ Nov 8 2005, 02:40 PM)Sorry to hear about the trouble, but I have had only good luck with them.  Even back when they used to be googlegear.com

I think the fair thing would be if they used your credit card as a hold, ship the right one out to you immediately, and pay for shipping of the wrong one back.  That way they don't charge the card, but yet still have it for security purposes.
[right][snapback]541060[/snapback][/right]

Even that I would have accept.

11/08/2005 03:23 PM

Author Icon
Stix
Linux Ninja

No matter where ya go or what ya buy. There is always room for error or hassle. Facts of life.
 11/08/2005 03:34 PM

Author Icon
bvchurch

Well I am sorry you had a bad customer servirce experience. However I myself have had several bad customer service experiences let me see if this can help you at all.

Most computer stores online that I have ever shop withed, including Newegg, Dell, ZZF (googlegear), Provantage, wanted you to ship back first. This is the same with almost any RMA. What I do ask for is for the company to cross ship the part to me (usually they will take your credit card number for their insurance) and that they send me an ARS (automated return shipping) label. That is how I got Dell to overnight me a power adapter for my laptop.

My personal experience with ZZF is that they have moderate customer service, they do take longer to answer than newegg usually, further their people are not the friendliest. Yet they did get my questions answered. Personally my favorite customer service company would be Newegg. Though Dell is very very nice to me as well so I can not complain.

What are your options.
Well I will put it to you this way, a letter, a written letter, goes a long way. I would mail it to their ZipZoomFly address. Personally I would send a letter to customer service, complaints, and to the vice president of marketing. You can also contact the BBB if you wish.

Zipzoomfly
38929 Cherry Street
Newark, CA 94560

And also
ZZF's return policy is outlined here
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Service/Return.jsp' ">http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Service/Return.jsp
 11/08/2005 03:41 PM

Author Icon
denrooster

QUOTEZZF's return policy is outlined here
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Service/Return.jsp' ">http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Service/Return.jsp

Says nothing about them screwing up an order.

11/08/2005 03:44 PM

Author Icon
10stagepipelineX10pipelines

I reported Newegg to the BBB for not giving me my refund of $480 about a year ago and well contacing the BBB made them change their minds real fast . So I would do that if I were you.

Opteron 175
2 GB Crucial Value Ram
Asus A8R MVP Deluxe
Gigabyte 7800GT
PCP&C 510 Turbo Cool SLI

Lesson learned: DON'T buy Tyan motherboards.......

11/08/2005 04:10 PM

Author Icon
MMB088

Most companies really dont care what the BBB or any other group thinks.

Opie and Anthony on XM Satelite Radio!

Now also on FM stations in NYC, Boston, Philly, Pittsburgh, Washington DC, Rochester, Columbus OH, Cleveland, Detroit, West Palm Beach, Dallas, Chicago, San Fran and some other cities, their pretty much nationwide now, google it.

http://www.opieandanthony.com/

The Virus is spreading..... get infected
 11/08/2005 04:57 PM

Author Icon
MikeyPez

QUOTE(denrooster @ Nov 8 2005, 01:18 PM)Hope this is right place for this.

In the past few months that I've been a member of this forum I have made suggestions to order from this online store. I will not be making that suggestion anymore.

Reason: I orders a part ( Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro Sound Card Retail ***Free 2nd Day***  $369.00 ) from them last week and received the wrong part, THEIR FAULT. /mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif' />  /excl.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='excl.gif' />  I called their customer service and was told that they will send me a return label, but their policy (not written anywhere on web site) is that I will have to wait for them to receive the part before they will send out my original part. Asked to speak with a manager and was told he will call me back. After waiting 2 hours called back customer service and was tranfered to a supervisor. Explained situation once again and was told manager would call shortly. Waited another 2 hours no call, so I called again. This time was informed that manager was gone for the day and the person I was speaking with was already 5 minutes pass the time for her to leave. /ohmy.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='ohmy.gif' />

On Friday made several calls to manager leaving msgs each time no call. /sad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='sad.gif' />
Monday was day-off so I decided to wait and see if anyone would call. Nada, zip, no phucking call. /mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif' />

Called today, finally spoke with manager and was informed that they will not receive part until Friday. /mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif' />  /excl.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='excl.gif' />  He suggested that I should shell-out another 369.00 dollars for the part and they will refund when they receive part. /ohmy.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='ohmy.gif' />

My problem with this suggestion is that I've used other online stores and if they made a mistake like that they would send me the part with out waiting and also a return label. One site in-particular Cyber Acoustic sent me the wrong part and they told me to keep it, along with the part I needed.

Conclusion: I will not be ordering from them any more whether they have lowest price or not, or they are the only site with part at that time.
[right][snapback]541041[/snapback][/right]

The same thing happened when I ordered my 6600GT from them. The card was DOA and I was told the same thing you were told. I honestly think that you are just blowing things out of porportion.

I mean after all patience is good quality.

Vinatge AMD at SocketAplus
A single jpeg will make fat little rich kids cry. That is pretty powerful! - AndrewZorn
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information