Increase font size
Topic Title: Pin Connector Converter
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/17/2005 04:41 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/17/2005 04:41 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Megadeth

Ok, this is my converter (I need one because the drives I use are 80 pin condensed and my controller is 68-pin).

Ok, down on the second view where it shows the backside of the converter, you see the four metal mountain type things. Well, the problem is that the converter fits into the hard drive perfectly, but with even the slightest movement like making my tower vetical from its horizontal position causes the thing to touch the hard drive which causes a tiny spark and a short circuit. Then my computer shuts off. Apparently, I wouldn't want to use SCSI for my new build if there is danger of a short circuit. Is there anyway to fix this? Can I put some non-conductive material as a spacer between the converter and hdd? If yes then what kind of material? Are there any other options that would solve this problem?
 09/17/2005 04:45 PM

Author Icon
technic58
Minister of Spare Parts

would normal non-conductive black tape work?

-------------------------
My GT430 Is Folding For AMD Team 34106
FOR A GOOD CAUSE---Accepting Donations of New, Used, Working, Nonworking PC Components
Thanks to KLEETUS for his generous donation of components!!
 09/17/2005 05:44 PM

Author Icon
Le_Petit_Lapin

Use Liquid Latex!

lol.....I've been trying to find a use for that in PC's for a while now.

Edit: Removed link. I could see some people not liking that website. Google it yourself, dont do so if you're under 18. /wink.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='wink.gif' />
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information