Increase font size
Topic Title: XP networking issue
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/14/2005 11:25 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/14/2005 11:25 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Iznougoud

Trying to set up a local network (both machines running WinXP), I've encountered the following message when trying to access the 'advanced'-tab on network properties on my main system:

"Windows cannot display the Properties of this connection. The Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) information might be corrupted."

Now, a system restore won't do me any good, and I was kind of hoping to avoid a complete re-install/repair of the OS. Is there any other way to repair this assumed corruption?

-------------------------
Primary: MOBO: Asus A7V600. CPU: AMD Athlon XP (Barton 2500@1.8Ghz). GPU: ATI RADEON 9200SE (128MB). RAM: Apacer PC2700 (512MB), Kingston PC3200 (1Gb) = 1.5Gb. HDD: Seagate Barracuda (S-ATA 200Gb), WD CaviarSE (S-ATA 320Gb). Cooling: Front (inlet); 120mm fan, back (outlet) 120mm fan, HSF Thermaltake Big Typhoon. PSU: 430w (Seasonic), +12V = 14A + 15A, +5V = 30A, +3,3V = 30A. <spa
 08/15/2005 01:05 PM

Author Icon
reholli

QUOTE(Iznougoud @ Aug 14 2005, 07:25 PM)Trying to set up a local network (both machines running WinXP), I've encountered the following message when trying to access the 'advanced'-tab on network properties on my main system:

"Windows cannot display the Properties of this connection. The Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) information might be corrupted."

Now, a system restore won't do me any good, and I was kind of hoping to avoid a complete re-install/repair of the OS.  Is there any other way to repair this assumed corruption?
[right][snapback]481193[/snapback][/right]

You might want to try uninstalling the adapter from Device Manager and letting the OS redetect it. Is your network adapter an add-in card or is it integral to your motherboard? If it's integrated on the motherboard, you might want to also try uninstalling your chipset drivers and reinstalling them. If it's an add-in card, try moving it to another PCI slot after unistalling from Device Manager. You'll have to setup your network paramaters on the adapter again after these solutions, so have that info recorded before doing these things.
 08/15/2005 01:11 PM

Author Icon
bvchurch

QUOTE(Iznougoud @ Aug 14 2005, 08:25 PM)Trying to set up a local network (both machines running WinXP), I've encountered the following message when trying to access the 'advanced'-tab on network properties on my main system:

Now, a system restore won't do me any good, and I was kind of hoping to avoid a complete re-install/repair of the OS.  Is there any other way to repair this assumed corruption?
[right][snapback]481193[/snapback][/right]

Go to run
type in services.msc
Check these out
Windows Management Instrumentation {Automatic Started}
Windows Management Instrumentation Driver Extensions {Manual}

If that doesnt work you can try removing the adapter from device manager and having the computer reboot, find it and that might fix it. Lastly, a new XP install would be nice.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information