Increase font size
Topic Title: harddisk gone?!
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/21/2005 12:20 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/21/2005 12:20 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
rnsyt711

Goodday Everybody,

Can anyone advise me on this?

I installed a removable harddisk bay on one of my computer. This is the cheap one where you can just take the bay and replace the harddisk. It is not hot-swapable. Accidentally one of my customer play with the bay and remove it while the PC still running. I used different kind of utilities but I haven't read the harddisk eversince. The bios can still recognize it though.

Can I still resurrect it or let it go into the light together with my customer? /mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif' /> /wink.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='wink.gif' /> /biggrin.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='biggrin.gif' /> /laugh.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='laugh.gif' />
 10/21/2005 12:27 PM

Author Icon
dannyj

QUOTE(rnsyt711 @ Oct 21 2005, 09:20 AM)Goodday Everybody,

Can anyone advise me on this?

I installed a removable harddisk bay on one of my computer.  This is the cheap one where you can just take the bay and replace the harddisk. It is not hot-swapable.  Accidentally one of my customer play with the bay and remove it while the PC still running.  I used different kind of utilities but I haven't read the harddisk eversince.  The bios can still recognize it though.

Can I still resurrect it or let it go into the light together with my customer?  /mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif' /> /wink.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='wink.gif' />  /biggrin.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='biggrin.gif' />  /laugh.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='laugh.gif' />
[right][snapback]528255[/snapback][/right]

If the info on the HD is really needed you can send the drive to various company's that can usually recacer the data, but they can be costly depending on how much effort they have to use to recover it. Good Luck.

-------------------------
DANNYJ

6000x2, Asus crosshair
1x 8800gtx ultra, Sound Blaster, Lian Li
2 136Raptors, dual boot, Windows and Fedora Core
4x Seagate 250's Raid 0, 1xWD 300
2x Plexor slot DVD/CD burner

10/21/2005 12:34 PM

Author Icon
daRk Kon

any way to completely destroy information on a hdd anyway? like burn it or sumtin?

heeelp, ADMINS and MODERATORS, help i by accident put in the wrong EMAIL address and now i cant do anything.
 10/21/2005 02:19 PM

Author Icon
Immortal Lobster
Resident Crustacean

melt the platter, or use a magnet abd scrub it

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
 10/21/2005 02:40 PM

Author Icon
koolaidwa

or a big degraus (spelling) magnent

[b' ">http://di.fm ..... CAT - "Oh no, I'm Dwain Dibley"
Just say no to Black Eyed Peas! ..... I Fish Therefore I Am!
 10/22/2005 06:23 AM

Author Icon
Max Axe

Try these two, I'm sure you'll get your data back. Nucleus Data recovery, and Ontrack's Data Recovery Pro, I think there's another one that works pretty well. I guess its called Get Data Back.

Basically if you are getting a LCD, get one with a good contrast and brightness ration-->BVchurch @ Jan 30 2005, 12:53 PM
Why don't you post links rather than bossing people around.@Max Axe-->danm
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information