Increase font size
Topic Title: AIW 9800 PRO?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/19/2005 03:35 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/19/2005 03:35 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
CHICO

I would like to know how i can capture my vhs tapes from my vcr to my pc using my AIW 9800 PRO? I have misplaced my video card manual and i would appreciate any feedback. Thanks in advance.

-------------------------
"you can do nothing about your situation, and you'll only make yourself feel worse. Live in the present, remember the past, and fear not the future, for it doesn't exsist and never shall. There is only now" -Saphira page 361, from Eldest by Christopher Paolini
 03/19/2005 03:49 AM

Author Icon
misopeenut

you need to use the purple plug that has 3 RCA inputs and one S-video inputs i think its purple...

go go japan

AMD Athlon 64 2800+ Newcastle.......ATI All-In-Wonder 9600
MSI K8N NEO Platinum....................Ultra X-Connect 500w
Logitech Z-5500 THX certifed...........SAMSUNG 915v
CREATIVE Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
 03/19/2005 04:56 AM

Author Icon
CHICO

I connected my vcr with composite cables to the purple adapter and then i connected the purple adapter to my video card. I press play on my vcr and nothing is happening any suggestions?

"you can do nothing about your situation, and you'll only make yourself feel worse. Live in the present, remember the past, and fear not the future, for it doesn't exsist and never shall. There is only now" -Saphira page 361, from Eldest by Christopher Paolini
 03/19/2005 04:59 AM

Author Icon
misopeenut

you have to open TV i think its under ATI multimedia center
ive never done capturing but ive used the TV function

go go japan

AMD Athlon 64 2800+ Newcastle.......ATI All-In-Wonder 9600
MSI K8N NEO Platinum....................Ultra X-Connect 500w
Logitech Z-5500 THX certifed...........SAMSUNG 915v
CREATIVE Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
 03/19/2005 05:06 AM

Author Icon
CHICO

I pressed composite for input connector and i can see video but there's no sound any suggestions? I don't have a speaker icon in thr taskbar how can i create one so i can check properties and check the line input setting? I went to start, settings, control panel double clicked on sounds and audio devices and im seeing no audio device and there's a box to place volume icon on taskbar but i can't mark this box any suggestions? I went to this site and i tried his suggestion and i still can't select "Place volume icon in the taskbar" any suggestions?

Lost Sound Icon Program, the fix' ">http://www.besttechie.net/foru...dex.php?showtopic=1464

03/19/2005 01:04 PM

Author Icon
danmagicman7

QUOTE (CHICO @ Mar 19 2005, 03:06 AM) I pressed composite for input connector and i can see video but there's no sound any suggestions?  I don't have a speaker icon in thr taskbar how can i create one so i can check properties and check the line input setting?  I went to start, settings, control panel double clicked on sounds and audio devices and im seeing no audio device and there's a box to place volume icon on taskbar but i can't mark this box any suggestions?  I went to this site and i tried his suggestion and i still can't select "Place volume icon in the taskbar" any suggestions?

Lost Sound Icon Program, the fix' ">http://www.besttechie.net/foru...dex.php?showtopic=1464
Go to the TV and change your input to Composite or S-Video. You then can press the record button and it will record.

However, let me tell you this. VHS tapes and VHS players have something called macrovision, which makes copying VHS tapes to your hard drive impossible unless you have an older capture device such as a Dazzle box. So, you won't be able to copy any VHS tapes to your hard drive unless they are home video or something like that.

Join the anti-signature club!<br><br>
 03/19/2005 02:42 PM

Author Icon
CHICO

I have the AIW 9800 PRO wouldn't my video card have its own dazzle box or an other type of capture card? I can listen to music, dvd's but when im playing my vhs movies from my vcr i can't hear any sound and i have tried everything above in this thread and still no sound any suggestions?

03/21/2005 03:06 AM

Author Icon
CHICO

Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this sound problem?

03/21/2005 09:03 AM

Author Icon
danmagicman7

QUOTE (CHICO @ Mar 19 2005, 12:42 PM) I have the AIW 9800 PRO wouldn't my video card have its own dazzle box or an other type of capture card? I can listen to music, dvd's but when im playing my vhs movies from my vcr i can't hear any sound and i have tried everything above in this thread and still no sound any suggestions?
Do you have the sound cable from the video card going to your sound card line in port? Once you do that you need to unmute the line in in your sound options and it will work.

03/21/2005 09:40 AM

Author Icon
CHICO

I have connected all the cables to the video card adapter correctly how do i unmute the line in the sound options?

03/21/2005 11:16 AM

Author Icon
Carlz0r

QUOTE (danmagicman7 @ Mar 19 2005, 09:04 AM) However, let me tell you this. VHS tapes and VHS players have something called macrovision, which makes copying VHS tapes to your hard drive impossible unless you have an older capture device such as a Dazzle box. So, you won't be able to copy any VHS tapes to your hard drive unless they are home video or something like that.
I thought that was DVD's as every VHS I've copied to my computer through my AIW 9600XT has worked.

The fanboyism issue got worse. I'm gone (for now) got better again, I'm occasionally back.<br><br>Don't be stupid. Conroe > K8L SAYS WHO? K8L > Conroe SAYS WHO? No Benches = No Comparision<br>PortalForums Admin
 03/21/2005 11:26 AM

Author Icon
CHICO

QUOTE (Carlz0r @ Mar 21 2005, 07:16 AM) I thought that was DVD's as every VHS I've copied to my computer through my AIW 9600XT has worked.
Do you have any suggestions on how to capture from my vcr to my pc? I have hooked up all the vcr cables to my video card adapter properly and then i hooked my video card adapter to the correct slot into my pc. I play my vhs tape and i can see video but there's no sound. I have tried checking to see my sound settings but as mentioned above i can't find the sound icon.

03/21/2005 11:41 AM

Author Icon
Carlz0r

Have you tried using any video capture software? I'll search around and see if I can find you any for it.

EDIT: Here you go http://www.videohelp.com/ATI_AIW_Guide.htm' ">http://www.videohelp.com/ATI_AIW_Guide.htm

The fanboyism issue got worse. I'm gone (for now) got better again, I'm occasionally back.<br><br>Don't be stupid. Conroe > K8L SAYS WHO? K8L > Conroe SAYS WHO? No Benches = No Comparision<br>PortalForums Admin
 03/21/2005 08:42 PM

Author Icon
danmagicman7

QUOTE (CHICO @ Mar 21 2005, 09:26 AM) Do you have any suggestions on how to capture from my vcr to my pc? I have hooked up all the vcr cables to my video card adapter properly and then i hooked my video card adapter to the correct slot into my pc. I play my vhs tape and i can see video but there's no sound. I have tried checking to see my sound settings but as mentioned above i can't find the sound icon.
Start>>Control Panel>> Sounds

Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information