Increase font size
Topic Title: Zeus ST65ZF PSU in Antec P180 Case
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/04/2006 06:25 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/04/2006 06:25 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Sir_Penguin

I have an Antec P180 case for my comptuer and I am awaiting my other parts, one of the being a Silvertone PSU, the Zeus ST65ZF. They are ordered so I can make no changes now so what I want to find out is if the cables will be long enough (I know I should have researched this before). Someone said that I could daisy chain extension cables to reach. Finally, I am getting an ASUS M2N32 AM2 motherboard, I am not sure if this will affect anything, if you need to know any other specifications just ask.

-------------------------

::Encrypted Design::
Graphics, Coding and Gaming
::Join Today::
 06/04/2006 10:55 PM

Author Icon
technic58
Minister of Spare Parts

Well...the fact that no one has answered this yet probably suggests that no one has much personal experience with this configuration...including me. I've heard that the P180 is a big case, but I haven't heard much on cable length for that PSU. I would say give it a go, and if it doesn't work, send it back for something with longer cables.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

My GT430 Is Folding For AMD Team 34106
FOR A GOOD CAUSE---Accepting Donations of New, Used, Working, Nonworking PC Components
Thanks to KLEETUS for his generous donation of components!!
 06/05/2006 01:13 AM

Author Icon
aft_lizard01
Driod

quote:

Originally posted by: Sir_Penguin
I have an Antec P180 case for my comptuer and I am awaiting my other parts, one of the being a Silvertone PSU, the Zeus ST65ZF. They are ordered so I can make no changes now so what I want to find out is if the cables will be long enough (I know I should have researched this before). Someone said that I could daisy chain extension cables to reach. Finally, I am getting an ASUS M2N32 AM2 motherboard, I am not sure if this will affect anything, if you need to know any other specifications just ask.

Well if its any consolation my Silverstone Strider 600w has plenty of cable length for a full atx, cant imagine the Zeus being much different being the same manufacturer and all.
 06/05/2006 02:06 AM

Author Icon
bvchurch

Considering that the cables are at least 550mm long, I would say that you are perfectly fine.

I have an Antec Plus view case, very tall 4 bay cd drom, 6 bay hard drive case but never had a cabling problem.
 06/05/2006 02:52 AM

Author Icon
palmboy5
Overclocker

i have the P180 case, and as i recall my PSU's cables were 17" or so, the Tagan U22 480W. they were all long enough, the molex cables can reach the top 5.25" bay with some more to spare. the only cable i had to make an extension for was the P4 12V cable because my board had that plug right up at the top left corner near the two PS/2 ports. with the motherboard, psu, and case by themselves the cable could reach, but with a video card in the way it was a whole other story.

Do lower and I give you a cookie. jk
 06/05/2006 04:32 AM

Author Icon
Sir_Penguin

Thanks. Glad to know that now Also, palmboy, did you have problems with getting your side door (with thumb screws) on and off?

06/05/2006 09:27 AM

Author Icon
palmboy5
Overclocker

well there was a minute where i had no idea how to open it, but what i do is have one thumb pressing at the top center of the side, and the other thumb on the bottom center, then using the thumbs to push the panel towards the back. then just pull the entire door straight outwards, no tilting in any direction (such as pulling the back end outwards first, dont do that. you risk breaking the 4 clips near the top and bottom center).

06/05/2006 08:02 PM

Author Icon
Sir_Penguin

quote:

Originally posted by: palmboy5
well there was a minute where i had no idea how to open it, but what i do is have one thumb pressing at the top center of the side, and the other thumb on the bottom center, then using the thumbs to push the panel towards the back. then just pull the entire door straight outwards, no tilting in any direction (such as pulling the back end outwards first, dont do that. you risk breaking the 4 clips near the top and bottom center).

Thanks. So when you pull up do you go straight up or up and towards you? Thanks.

06/05/2006 08:34 PM

Author Icon
palmboy5
Overclocker

what? i dont pull up, i, after sliding the panel towards the back as much as possible, then proceed to remove the panel by pulling it out while keeping the 'plane' parallel with the 'plane' of the case. after the four clips are cleared you can do whatever you want. namely laying it against something to keep it upright as you work inside the case.

06/05/2006 08:46 PM

Author Icon
Sir_Penguin

Thanks. I mean pulling straigt up after sliding back. Thanks.

Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information