Increase font size
Topic Title: Weird WMP
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/19/2006 09:44 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/19/2006 09:44 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Smogsy

well my Harddrive is dieing its pushing max of 38mb/second and only 1GB space so i decide to wipe everything i dont need off it got it down to 40GB Space

i wiped old games cleared reg defraged reg to i also rolled back from wmp11 - to wmp9

i played some songs and it sounds 3x better than 11 but why? i checked the Eqaulizers all same.

also. wmp9 works when u click url in firefox but 10-11 dont? maybe wmp9 is better coded

what do you think?
 12/19/2006 12:38 PM

Author Icon
mtrupi

quote:

Originally posted by: Smogsy
well my Harddrive is dieing its pushing max of 38mb/second and only 1GB space so i decide to wipe everything i dont need off it got it down to 40GB Space

i wiped old games cleared reg defraged reg to i also rolled back from wmp11 - to wmp9

i played some songs and it sounds 3x better than 11 but why? i checked the Eqaulizers all same.

also. wmp9 works when u click url in firefox but 10-11 dont? maybe wmp9 is better coded

what do you think?

Okay, I'll kick in an opinion. I didn't think the older versions sounded different, but I did have some obscure problems related to the default devices not working correctly. However that PC was through a lot and not the typical install. There was another discussion comparing it to Real Player and there I did think there was a subtle difference. Mostly, I have WMP11 to keep the system up to date. The new features are not compelling for me.

For FF try Tools->Options->Content->FileTypes->Manage
 12/19/2006 04:39 PM

Author Icon
koolaidwa

u sure is dying, with 1 gb free it might seem like its dying, cause thats not much to work with, will go real slow

-------------------------

[b' ">http://di.fm ..... CAT - "Oh no, I'm Dwain Dibley"
Just say no to Black Eyed Peas! ..... I Fish Therefore I Am!
 12/19/2006 06:20 PM

Author Icon
shazaam

WMP11 will work with FF You just have to change some settings in FF, I forgot which but I think it's some drivers to DL
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information