Topic Title: overclocking
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/08/2006 05:26 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/08/2006 10:22 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
thuglife

so maybe he would like to keep his warranty intact maybe for a few days...
 03/08/2006 10:27 PM

Author Icon
ninjastyle

quote:

Originally posted by: zir_blazer
With my english knowledge I understand properly my Posts. You must try harder But if you want that I rephase it anyways...

First, the BIOS temperature readings of the ASUS A8N-VM CSM are wrong. When I first started to use Central Brain Identifier to lower the Multiplier and Voltage of the Processor, after several hours the temperature readings of several applications (Central Brain Identifier and the BIOS itself), the temperature barely changed. It always was in the 45°C-47°C range no matter if it runned at 1 GHz with 1.1 Volts or 1.8 GHz with 1.4 Volts, yet the Heatsink is cold to touch (The temperature readings should be fixed with the BIOS 0702). On the other hand, the Voltage sensor also seems to be misreading (Or the Motherboard is overvolting) because at nominal specifications (1.4V) the BIOS, CBI and CPU-Z reads a fluctuating Voltage that is always 0.075-0.1V over the Voltage that is setted for it (If I use CBI and lower the Voltage to 1.1V, it will read a fluctuating 1.175-1.2V).
Second, overclocking with this Motherboard isn't easy because you got no Processor Multiplier, Processor Voltage and Memory Module Voltage options while the Base Clock is limited to 240 MHz only. That means that for almost any adjustement that you wanted to do, you must use Windows based Software.
Third, the Hyper Transport Frecuency option in the BIOS is called "GeForce 6150 to Processor HT Frecuency" or something like that and you can select from 200 MHz to 1.6 GHz. You should select 800 MHz or lower.

That's what I thought you said the first time, but I wasn't 100% sure.

Thanks, blazer.
 03/08/2006 11:03 PM

Author Icon
zeppelinrox

quote:

Originally posted by: thuglife
so maybe he would like to keep his warranty intact maybe for a few days...

warranty? warranty? i don't need no steeeenkin warranteeeeeeee...

-------------------------

Overclocking Help and Links . Why DRM, BluRay and HD-DVD Blow Great tools-> OC Bible v1.52 and Guidemania v1.2
 03/08/2006 11:17 PM

Author Icon
Rico
Voodoo Programmer

quote:

Originally posted by: thuglife
i dont think anyone sayd it yet,

overclocking VOIDS your warranty !!!!!

how will they know if you've oc'd your pc? if it's a prebuilt just reset the cmos before you take it back and all will be good.

-------------------------
AMD X2 4200+ *** DFI NF4 Ultra-D (modded to SLi-D) *** eVGA 7950GT (with Zalman FC-ZV9)
January 16th was the day life changed... the day I bought WoW
AMD Processors » AMD Enthusiast Community » General Technology Chat » overclocking

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information