Increase font size
Topic Title: Vista Tricks & Tips
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/08/2007 06:03 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/08/2007 06:03 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Megadeth

Let's make this a Vista Tips & Tricks thread. Has anybody found any good tweaks and such that make Vista run faster or cut down on resource consumption?
 02/08/2007 07:06 PM

Author Icon
chillman

Tip: to get rid of that annoying pop up that ask your permission to install something.

Go to control panel

then to user accounts

click Turn User Account Control On or Off

check or uncheck the box then press ok

NO MORE STUPID POP UPS!!!!

-------------------------
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ venice AS5 with AC Freezer 64 Pro|ASUS A8N32X-SLI Deluxe|Corsair 1GB RAM|2x MSI 7900GTo's|Creative X-Fi sound card|80Gb SATA II Seagate Barracuda 7200.9|250Gb SATA II Seagate Barracuda 7200.10|Silverstone Zues 750W Quad SLI certified PS|Thermaltake Armor Jr.
 02/08/2007 07:16 PM

Author Icon
Megadeth

quote:

Originally posted by: chillman
Tip: to get rid of that annoying pop up that ask your permission to install something.

Go to control panel

then to user accounts

But that creates the stupid balloon that keeps telling you you should have it on.
 02/08/2007 07:34 PM

Author Icon
chillman

quote:

Originally posted by: Megadeth
But that creates the stupid balloon that keeps telling you you should have it on.

hmm tyring to rack my brain on how the balloon vanish as well. I'll post it when i remember

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ venice AS5 with AC Freezer 64 Pro|ASUS A8N32X-SLI Deluxe|Corsair 1GB RAM|2x MSI 7900GTo's|Creative X-Fi sound card|80Gb SATA II Seagate Barracuda 7200.9|250Gb SATA II Seagate Barracuda 7200.10|Silverstone Zues 750W Quad SLI certified PS|Thermaltake Armor Jr.
 02/08/2007 07:41 PM

Author Icon
CouGaR

quote:

Originally posted by: chillman hmm tyring to rack my brain on how the balloon vanish as well. I'll post it when i remember

Looking forward to that post.

02/08/2007 07:46 PM

Author Icon
zeppelinrox

quote:

Go to control panel

then to user accounts

i wonder if RtvReco will still work in Vista.
it was originally made to automatically click the Reconnect button due to a lost internet connection... ooo dial-up networking days..
anyway, that program could be set up to automatically click ANY button of any dialogue box the instant it appeared.. sometimes even before it appeared

Overclocking Help and Links . Why DRM, BluRay and HD-DVD Blow Great tools-> OC Bible v1.52 and Guidemania v1.2
 02/08/2007 07:50 PM

Author Icon
Immortal Lobster
Resident Crustacean

quote:

Go to control panel

then to user accounts

Heres my illustrated guide to disabling UAC

oh noes! I used screenshots

Also, Axy sent me a method to disable the balloons, but seing how that PC is out of action for a while, ive got no way to follow through on that.

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
 02/08/2007 07:57 PM

Author Icon
CouGaR

quote:

Originally posted by: Immortal Lobster Also, Axy sent me a method to disable the balloons, but seing how that PC is out of action for a while, ive got no way to follow through on that.

Axy, we need you!

02/08/2007 09:57 PM

Author Icon
chillman

quote:

hmm tyring to rack my brain on how the balloon vanish as well. I'll post it when i remember

quote:

Originally posted by: CouGaR
Looking forward to that post.

I do believe if you go to control panel, open security center. On the left side in the column click "Change the way Security Center alerts me", then click on one of the three options you want. I think the last one does it

02/08/2007 10:54 PM

Author Icon
axy1985
Ninja Zombie Killer

i always appeare when i'm formally summoned
i "discovered" the balloon thing in the RC1, so hopefully it also works in Vista Final.

ok, reffer to Lobsters guide to disable UAC. now, to disable the balloon:

1. First of all, you need Security Center running... i know that a lot of ppl disables it... which gives those popups too.

2. go into the Security Center (again, tunred on). to the left, you'll see on the menu a thing that says "Change the way Security Center notifies me" or something similar. Click on it.

3. A little window opens up with three options... the important option, and the one to select, is the one labeled as "not recommended", which is something like "Do not notify me of any events (Not Recommended)".

4. Disabling this will disable every single security center pop-up, including the UAC one. the thing is, that you won't get ANY popups from the security center anymore... which im sure you'll be able to live without

5. there you go, you've FULLY disabled the most annoying windows feature yet.

AMD Athlon II X2 440 @ 2.7 GHz (Sempron unlocked)
2x2GB OCZ DDR3 1600MHz 8-8-8-24 AMD Black Edition
Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H 890GX
MSI nVidia GTX460 1GB Hawk
X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional
Antec TruePower New 650W
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information