i always appeare when i'm formally summoned
i "discovered" the balloon thing in the RC1, so hopefully it also works in Vista Final.
ok, reffer to Lobsters guide to disable UAC. now, to disable the balloon:
1. First of all, you need Security Center running... i know that a lot of ppl disables it... which gives those popups too.
2. go into the Security Center (again, tunred on). to the left, you'll see on the menu a thing that says "Change the way Security Center notifies me" or something similar. Click on it.
3. A little window opens up with three options... the important option, and the one to select, is the one labeled as "not recommended", which is something like "Do not notify me of any events (Not Recommended)".
4. Disabling this will disable every single security center pop-up, including the UAC one. the thing is, that you won't get ANY popups from the security center anymore... which im sure you'll be able to live without
5. there you go, you've FULLY disabled the most annoying windows feature yet.
AMD Athlon II X2 440 @ 2.7 GHz (Sempron unlocked)
2x2GB OCZ DDR3 1600MHz 8-8-8-24 AMD Black Edition
Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H 890GX
MSI nVidia GTX460 1GB Hawk
X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional
Antec TruePower New 650W