Topic Title: RAIDXpert login???
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/22/2008 10:36 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/22/2008 10:36 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Lvcoyote

I loaded the RAIDXpert program and when I open it up it takes me to a webpage asking for user name and login?? Does this program work?? How do I get a username and password?? There is no option to create anything on that login page, Very confused here......

-------------------------
eVGA P67 FTW K2 - i7 2600K, 2x4gb G.Skill RipJaws DDR3 1866 - 2x eVGA GTX260 SSC Edition SLI - Corsair 700D w/800D Window - Corsair TX850W PSU - 2X WD Sata 6 1TB Blacks Raid0 - LG GH22LS30 SATA DVDRW
 03/22/2008 11:21 AM

Author Icon
Lvcoyote

Found the solution for those of you that may run in to the same thing.....
username: admin
PW: admin

eVGA P67 FTW K2 - i7 2600K, 2x4gb G.Skill RipJaws DDR3 1866 - 2x eVGA GTX260 SSC Edition SLI - Corsair 700D w/800D Window - Corsair TX850W PSU - 2X WD Sata 6 1TB Blacks Raid0 - LG GH22LS30 SATA DVDRW
 03/24/2008 02:57 AM

Author Icon
Overmind
Assimilator

Yes, that's the default pw, but you can create a custom account.

World's best Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge mod and Star Trek: Starfleet Command 3 mod: Overmind.ro
 08/27/2008 08:35 PM

Author Icon
rolver1954

And if you're like me and downloaded and installed this software, not knowing exactly what it does.
After you login with admin and admin
you'll get this info:

Welcome to Web based AMD Array Management Software (RAIDXpert)
RAIDXpert is an easy-to-use software designed to simplify RAID storage management. RAIDXpert is specifically designed for AMD HBA. RAIDXpert can configure, manage or monitor AMD RAID products remotely from a web browser from anywhere in the world.
 08/28/2008 01:18 AM

Author Icon
Overmind
Assimilator

Yes, it can be configured to work remotely.

World's best Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge mod and Star Trek: Starfleet Command 3 mod: Overmind.ro
 08/30/2008 03:19 PM

Author Icon
vkristof

RAIDXPert is OEMed from Promise Technology and it's fairly poorly documenetd.

I have found an updated manual on the ASRock web site, if you actually want to USE the program. An nanohead pointed out, this program is poorly supported:

http://download.asrock.com/man...D790GX128M/English.pdf
 09/14/2008 09:32 AM

Author Icon
Jackie78

I wonder why there is no documentation installed with this tool, and linked to in the Windows Start Menu?
 09/14/2008 09:52 AM

Author Icon
kazgirl
Elite

I installed and ran this, and it totally crippled my RAID performance....!!!

Had to do a system restore which took over anhour because of the effects on HDD perfromance that RAIDXpert had...... BE WARNED>>

I noticed during installtion that it unistalled some things, which is what undoubtedly left my system crippled....

I really can't recommend this software to anyone... based on my experience of it....!!!

Maybe others have had bette rluck with it I'm not sure....!!!

3DMark06 = 20717 / 3DMark Vantage = P13618 / My Overclock Guide / My Troubleshooting Guide
 09/14/2008 11:01 AM

Author Icon
Immortal Lobster
Resident Crustacean

Originally posted by: kazgirl

I installed and ran this, and it totally crippled my RAID performance....!!!

Had to do a system restore which took over anhour because of the effects on HDD perfromance that RAIDXpert had...... BE WARNED>>

I noticed during installtion that it unistalled some things, which is what undoubtedly left my system crippled....

I really can't recommend this software to anyone... based on my experience of it....!!!

Maybe others have had bette rluck with it I'm not sure....!!!

Worked for me, see this thread and pics

http://forums.amd.com/forum/me...=100045&enterthread=y

Before

vs.

After

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
 09/14/2008 01:45 PM

Author Icon
kazgirl
Elite

HI IL..

Yes I'd seen that thread and the results you got, its what prompted me to try the RAIDXpert...

I had seen the RAIDXpert thing before, but I had never bothered trying it, si after seeing oyur NCQ enabled results, I figured I'd give it a try, I downloaded and installed the RAIDXpert driver and then ran it, logged in, enabled the NCQ on each of the 2 drives which make up my RAID array, and thats when things starting acting odd...

I thought perhaps a re-boot was needed to properly initialise the drivers, so re-booted, and this was when things got really messy, booting took forever, and even when it finally booted to desktop, memory cacheing took forever also, cacheing noramlly takes around 5-7mins for me, but after re-booting with RAIDXpert installed, it took about 45 mins to complete cacheing.... I ran HD Tach and it showed my Burst time had dropoped to 12mb/s.... yes thats not a typo.... my BURST speed was 12mb/s ..!!!!

I decided there and then that I was doing a system restore to get rid of RAIDXpert, thankfully I had made a system restore point before installing it..... anyway I started system restore and again it took forever to search and find restore points before I could even start the restore, once I managed to start the restore it took over an hour just to do the system restore....

Needless to say I havn't bothered trying it since...

Perhaps its a hardware compatability thing...????

3DMark06 = 20717 / 3DMark Vantage = P13618 / My Overclock Guide / My Troubleshooting Guide
 09/14/2008 01:56 PM

Author Icon
Immortal Lobster
Resident Crustacean

Ouch, sorry to here that kaz!

Not sure, you've got anSB600 series board as well right? w/ Seagate 7200.10s in RAID? Same thing I got.

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
 09/14/2008 02:46 PM

Author Icon
kazgirl
Elite

Hi IL..

No problem its not your fault after all, LOL.. i saw the improvement you got and thought it would be worth a try,,,, just didn;t work out for me...!!!

Yes got SB600 mobo still.... but I've got 2 x Samsung Spinpoint HDD's now as my RAID-0 boot array.... though the Samsungs have NCQ feature as well, so shouldn't have been a problem....

I can;t fathom it out TBH....

The only other thing I can think of its that I found the DiskPerf downlaod at the same time when I found the RAIDXpert download, and I ran that as well, which I think all it does, is enable Disk cacheing..... which I've already got enabled manually via Device Properties for my HDD's.... so perhaps thats a reason for the problem I had, not sure...

Perhaps I;ll try the RAIDXpert one more time wihtout running the DiskPerf tool, and see if it shows any improvement.....

OK you've tlaked me into it...LOL.. I'll try it one more time..... and hope I don't have to repeat the system restore I had to do last night...LOL..

Watch this space, I'll report back later on....!!

EDIT: Well I tired it again, and same thing happened again, just got it back up and running after a system restore again.....

Not sure why its not working...but it definitely doesn't work for me with my Samsung Spinpoint HDD's....

I'm actaully really dissapointed in the performance of the Samsung HDD's in comparison to the performance I had with my Seagate HDD's.... its significantly less with the Samsung HDD's, I think in the future I'll be getting Seagate HDD's they have given me the best performance from the different HDD's I've tried including Samsung, Western Digital, Hitachi....

Seagate's are by far the best of them all IMO....

Edited: 09/14/2008 at 04:30 PM by kazgirl
 09/14/2008 05:35 PM

Author Icon
Kab

Oh I'm just extremely ticked off right now! *is running around ferociously mad*

It's trash Windows Vista again, causing huge problems. Vista coding poses problems and destroys a large percentage of programs and their intended functionality through its aggressive measures, if you understand software programming you would undoubtedly know what is going on here. But you won't find the average person complaining to Microsoft about it since they don't have a clue about programming or what the real cause is.

A big lesson to be learned.
Case in point, I've just tried AMD RAIDXpert utility under Windows Vista using an AMD Spider platform. It worked perfectly under Windows XP SP2, SP3 and Vista.. before SP1, until this morning. This was a brand new Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit install. I installed only select Vista updates (61) to not have any more problems, which took more than 9 hours to install (around 900% slower than XP with the same size) - then it never nfromed me any status updates and coveniently failed to shut down after installing them, it became stuck. A new problem caused by the updates.

Restarted after 13 hours. Oh look, what do I get? Exactly what we've come to expect from Vista. Blank black screen. No error, no boot, nothing!

Finally after many tries it takes 25 minutes to show a screen: Run Checkdisk on _all the drives_.
When I had just ran checkdisk and had fully perfect new drives a day ago before the updates..... Why?

8 250 GB hard drives were linked to this system, 8. So I booted up using another Windows XP SP2 system and linking the drives to it. It's such a flexible OS that you can usually find ways to boot even using incompatible hardware. Guess what its telling me?
The updates just ruined my 8 linked hard drives and Vista OS, yes 8 250 GB hard drives. Brand new OS install, nothing loads or boots anymore, nor works and checkdisk claims all the data from the drives including drive name, OS, files, MFT, $Journal entries and so on have been deleted and are not recoverable. There is absolutely no data on any of the 8 drives anymore, they have been formatted blank and over 1 TB of data gone by a casual routine operation. This is why Vista is detested by most home and business users alike. It just ruined everything including my RAID array and formatted all my drives while claiming to install updates!
 09/14/2008 07:24 PM

Author Icon
kazgirl
Elite

Oh that sounds pretty frustrating to put it mildly....!!!

Sorry to hear about that, its a real pain when you have so much time wasted like that... I know..!!

I know its probably not the case, but just in case....

Of the selected updates you installed, I wonder if you also included ( I think there were 2 updates) that are needed in particular prior to installing SP1, which if not installed caused the whole black screen issue which caused the initial delay with SP1's release, when it was released but caused the black screen issue for some people who didn't have the earlier updates installed.... I forget the KB #'s of the 2 updates needed, but as you mentioned that you only installed selected updates rather than all updates, I just wondered if maybe those 2 particular updates needed for SP1 might have been overlooked....

Just a thought....!!!

Hope you get it all up and running....

09/14/2008 07:58 PM

Author Icon
Kab

Hi kazgirl, was the update linked to Microsoft DreamScene?

I've installed minimal security updates..... absolutely no idea what caused this.

Do you want to know the worst thing? I had three Operating Systems installed on the rest of the drives and two of them were back-up drives. All fully functional without a glitch. None of them now work, they don't even exist anymore.

Trust me I'm burning with anger. One of them had 200 GB of my encrypted files on and now nothing, nada. That's the biggest possession I have after my family right there.

All the HDD's are giving me 1-2 MB/s Average Read in HDTach now, down from 80 - 90 MB/s in normal IDE mode!! There are no words

Also another bug I experienced is this -- RAIDXpert or your hard drive may not work if you have a certain combination of SATA/IDE or SATA ports enabled on the SB600, SB700 and SB750 motherboards. For me, it is SATA Port#1 when using Port#2 which causes this (huge performance loss). If I change ports to using #3, #4, #5 then all starts working fine. I don't know why this occurs, it is a platform wide bug.

Thanks for the help.
 09/15/2008 01:36 AM

Author Icon
Overmind
Assimilator

I challenge you to post some benchmark results with HD Tune.

09/15/2008 09:37 AM

Author Icon
Immortal Lobster
Resident Crustacean

Originally posted by: Overmind

I challenge you to post some benchmark results with HD Tune.

Best doesn't always mean fastest.

09/15/2008 11:53 AM

Author Icon
Overmind
Assimilator

What else ?
WD wins hand own in reliability.

09/15/2008 12:49 PM

Author Icon
Immortal Lobster
Resident Crustacean

Heck no, I have had to many WDCs die for that to be true, in fact, I've had more WDCs die than my old Maxtor collection, now that's saying something!

09/15/2008 07:06 PM

Author Icon
kazgirl
Elite

Originally posted by: Overmind

What else ?

WD wins hand own in reliability.

Please there's no need for challenges or the like...

I know that you like WD Overmind..... really I get it.... its why I made sure that I added the "IMO" to my post.... as it is just my opinion.....

You like WD, I prefer Seagate, thats all.... there's no need for challenges.... just let it stand as it was originally posted.... as my opinion.... your opinion differs and that's fine....

I don't see any point in having this thread turn into one of your WD sales campaigns.... can't you just say that in YOUR opinion WD are better and leave it at that.... people can decide for themselves which they prefer....!!!!

I'm not trying to dissuade people from buying a particular brand just giving my feedback based on my experience of the drives I've used.... in this case it was mostly to reflect the dissapointment in the performance of the Samsung Spinpoints, that I got to replace the Seagate HDD's I had previously and which needed replacing due to my own clumsiness rather than anything to do with the HDD's, as I had accidently put too much pressure on the SATA cable one day whilst messing around in the case, and snapped the cable housing on the HDD, so that the cable would no longer stay in place, I then needed to replace HDD's to make a new RAID array, and thought I;d give Sasmung a try as a change..... and its unfortunately turned out to be a regrettable decision as I had better performance with the Seagate HDD's.....

I've also used a single WD HDD, and also Hitachi Deskstar HDD and of all the HDD's I've tried to date, the best performance was obtained from the Seagate's.....

Now that could be specific to my hardware configuration (storage controllers, drivers, firmware etc..etc) all of which will differ from user to user.....

But there you go thats the story in full, now can we let it just be an opinion without having to post screenshot after screenshgot of benches for this that and the other, which given that most of the HDD's are no longer available for direct comparison any longer would not be possible anyway..... as you well know I guess...!!!!!

Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information