Hi all,this is the correct way to install and setup crossfire for them that dont know.
Vista users make sure you have these updates:
The third and only available by request form from Microsoft KB945149
1. Start by removing drivers with the ATI uninstall utility via the add remove programs in control panel.
2. Then uninstall the current display adapter (s) via device manager.
3. Power down and remove second card (if applicable).
4. Boot normally and install catalyst version of choice.
5. Power down and install second card (do not connect crossfire bridge at this point!)
6. Boot and cancel out hardware installation wizard. (xp users only).Vista will install drivers for second card automaticly.
7. Find second card in device manager (the display adapter with the yellow triangle) and right click to "update drivers. (xp users only).
8. Power down and connect crossfire bridge (s).
Your now good to go.
PS one or two interconects, you use 2 to give more bandwidth between the 2 cards.
AMD 965BE @4.032GHZ 24/7 VCORE 1.528v TEMPS 32C/52C
MSI 790FX GD70
3 X SAPPHIRE 4890 OC's 991/1100
4 GIG G-SKILL RIPJAWS 1600 @ 7 7 7 24 1.65v RUNNING @1680MHZ
4 SAMSUNG F1 750 GIG SATA II HDD's 2X RAID 0
THERMALTAKE ARMOR+ FULL TOWER CASE
THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER MODULAR 850W
THERMALTAKE BIGWATER 760IS WC
28" HANNS-G LCD 1920X1200 3ms
WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 32bit OS
12:45 PM by