Increase font size
Topic Title: 7750 BE only 1 core is overclocking
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/26/2009 08:20 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/26/2009 08:20 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
GMKosMos

I am trying to figure something out here. I am running a 7750 BE on an ASUS M3A78-CM motherboard and I have my multiplier set at 15.5 Core1 is showing 3.1GHz but Core2 is only showing 2.7GHz. I am using Everest Ultimate Engineer Edition for seeing this, has or does anyone else have this same problem? If so, any correction or advice for this problem?

GMKosMos

*EDIT*
OK< I just went in and set the multiplier to Auto, and bumped the HTT and now both cores are overclocking. Set the HTT to 212 and am getting rite at 2890GHz on both cores, has anyone see or herd of this before? it is a new one on me for sure.

-------------------------
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Edited: 04/26/2009 at 08:33 PM by GMKosMos
 04/27/2009 03:24 PM

Author Icon
bbcs62

I don't use Everest but had a similar thing happen using the AMD Overdrive utility. If I used the "select all cores" tab in performance control, it only wanted to raise the clock on a single core on some instances. Other times it worked fine on both cores. If I didn't select that option but instead manually moved the slider bars for each individual core it worked right every time.

I'm not sure if Everest might have a similar bug with this processor, but it's worth looking into.
 04/27/2009 06:46 PM

Author Icon
GMKosMos

Thanks for the reply, I have been trying to use the AMD OverDrive but for some reason it will only let me "View" things not adjust anything at all. My motherboard is the ASUS M3A78-CM it has the AMD 780V Northbridge and the AMD SB700 Southbridge. I have no idea why it will not let me use overdrive, I try moving the sliders with my mouse and they do nothing the slider does not even move, I even tried the nivice mode and everything. Is there something that I am missing with it like a button or setting to actually make the interface work? I have a program that I use for things and to make it work I have to hit the CTRL+L key then I can move sliders ect on it, is the Overdrive the same way?

04/28/2009 08:12 PM

Author Icon
bbcs62

I have the same board, and the same processor, and my AOD works just fine. I never upgraged the Overdrive, and run the one that shipped with the board. The version is 2.1.5. It's possible there is a conflict in a newer version of AOD.

Other than the novice/advanced tab settings, I don't recall any special keystoke combinations it ever required.
 04/29/2009 03:01 PM

Author Icon
GMKosMos

hmm, I never thought to look on the Drive CD with the board, I downloaded one a few weeks ago, and DL 3.0 last night to try. 3.0 Let me do "Some" things, I just loaded up the one on my CD tho and got full control. Thanks bbcs62 I never thought to look on the CD. As a normal nVidia board user you mainly have to get the nVidia NTune from nVidia not from the motherboard CD I did not know AMD Boards did this. Thanks again man, it worked like a Charm! kudos!

04/29/2009 05:57 PM

Author Icon
bbcs62

Glad it worked for you. I haven't really even dug into the OD utility much, but it seems to be a quicker way to check OC's. One of these days when I have more time I'll do some tweaking, but really for what I do the 7750 at stock speeds is more than enough. Just out of curiosity I bumped the multi to run it at 3 GHz and it didn't even notice, so I suspect at some time I'll max it out just to see what I can do with it.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information