Increase font size
Topic Title: chipset question
Topic Summary: Nvidia overiding bios settings
Created On: 05/03/2009 05:32 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/03/2009 05:32 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Naden

Anyone have any experiance with NVidia device settings with in Nvidia control panel? Its not letting me alter settings through the bios, what its doing is as soon as windows starts it clocks everything to its current settings within windows. Id rather change things from the bios because when I alter somethign slightly it doesnt like, as you can imagine windows just hardlocks, not to mention there is no voltage settings in it. I see no option to force it to ignore its settings and just run off the bios.

suppose it might be a question to post on the nvidia site? lol
 05/04/2009 07:19 PM

Author Icon
Two7Buckeye

Originally posted by: Naden

Anyone have any experiance with NVidia device settings with in Nvidia control panel? Its not letting me alter settings through the bios, what its doing is as soon as windows starts it clocks everything to its current settings within windows. Id rather change things from the bios because when I alter somethign slightly it doesnt like, as you can imagine windows just hardlocks, not to mention there is no voltage settings in it. I see no option to force it to ignore its settings and just run off the bios.

suppose it might be a question to post on the nvidia site? lol

I would definitely set everything in the NV control panel to default, and do your clocking from there.

Also make sure the NVCP isnt in your startup and then reboot.

You probably wouldnt find any Volt options though regardless.

-------------------------
Phenom II 955
Cooler Master V8
ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe 790FX
2 x Sapphire 4870 1GB GDDR5
4GB GSkill Pi Black 1066
2 x 74GB WD Raptor 16mb RAID-0
640GB WD Caviar Black 32mb
Cooler Master HAF 932
Antec Quattro 850w
 05/04/2009 11:08 PM

Author Icon
Naden

Ah thanks for the advice; OCing from there is considered safer. I probably going to need a better cooling solution before I go any further though, temps seem to be hitting high values. AnYWAY i PUSHED MY fsb to 230. which put my system to 3.450 ht link 2070, has my memory at 920. not to bad, but like I said I dont think I can go any further my temps are hitting that recommended number to not go over lol. I'm happy to done as well as I did though I'm starting to understand how voltage and multipliers interact with eachother.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information