Increase font size
Topic Title: Issues with Uninstall of AMD Overdrive
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/01/2010 08:22 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/01/2010 08:22 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
jcfrashier
Lurker

Okay so I know I am using AMD Overdrive at my own expense. However I did not overlock anything I just wanted to take a look. So I hit the autoclock ability just to see what it does. It was taking too long so I cancelled out of the program, I x'ed out. Now for some reason when I look at cputemp it is showing me that my frequency, multipliers and such are going up and down like autoclock is still running. I have tried to uninstall the program, I have stopped the AOD service running in the background and I have even tried to hunt down reg keys. Can someone please help me, I just want to get rid of this program and move on with my life.

Thanks,
Jon
 07/01/2010 10:52 PM

Author Icon
jcfrashier
Lurker

I am trying to delete the legacy_aoddriver2 reg key and I keep getting an access denied even on the admin account. Won't even let me change the permissions. Is there no one technical enough to answer my questions here on the AMD forum?
 07/02/2010 12:28 PM

Author Icon
Hardwood
Case Modder

Well if autoclock was running your cpu would be at it's maximum speed and slowly incrementing. It wouldn't be jumping around.
Under normal operation your multi and core speeds may be fluctuating based on cpu loads.

Technically speaking we aren't AMD employees with extensive technical knowledge.
We're users just like you. That's not to say there aren't some bright members.

-------------------------
Spider: Phenom II 955, Antec Kuhler 920, GA-MA790FX-DS5 (F8g), ASUS 5870/V2, ASUS Xonar D2X pcie,
OCZ2N1066SR2GK (4x1gig @800), Antec Truepower New 750, Fractal Design's Arc Midi Case.
#2: A64 X2 4200+, ASUS A8V-D, SAPPHIRE AGP 1950PRO
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information