AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: //////3DMARK Vantage Benchmark Score Discussion Thread\\\\\\
Topic Summary: Feel free to discuss what you would like to (concerning the benchmark scores of coarse).
Created On: 12/15/2010 01:24 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/15/2010 01:24 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Canis-X
The Frozen One

As stated, this thread's purpose is for the discussion of posted scores in this thread. Feel free to chat away, if you have any questions or concerns about any of my benchmark threads please feel free to shoot me a PM about it, just make sure to state which benchmark we are taking about.

Thanks,

Canis-X

-------------------------
The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

Edited: 12/19/2011 at 11:59 AM by AMD Processors Moderator
 12/16/2010 01:16 PM

Author Icon
cq842000
Deprecated

Hey Canis, a weird question, but do you allow scores without systeminfo? I mean when I untick scan systeminfo, my scores get closer to where they should be. The downside is that there is no personal system info on the orb link.

MountainMods Ascension | EVGA X58 4xSLI Classified | Intel Core i7 980X | 12 GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3 | Sapphire Radeon HD6990 + GTX460(PPU)| Antec TPQ 1200 + Antec TPQ 1000
1200mhz/1500mhz GPU-Z Validation
 12/16/2010 01:58 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
The Frozen One

Originally posted by: cq842000

Hey Canis, a weird question, but do you allow scores without systeminfo? I mean when I untick scan systeminfo, my scores get closer to where they should be. The downside is that there is no personal system info on the orb link.

If you can provide CPU-Z's main and memory tabs and GPU-Z's main tab shown in the screen shot with your completed Vantage run that should suffice for the purposes of any of my 3DMark score threads. I am not running an official competition but rather a for fun/informational piece for us to simply have fun with.

Edit:

That being said, and this goes out to everyone that posts on my benchmark score threads, there are no prizes or badges or rep being handed out by me for the best scores, so I do expect for everyone to be honest here as we are all friends and no point in doing any photo editing or changing your clocks right after running a bench so that CPU-Z/GPU-Z show different information that what you all ran the benchmark at. The secondary point of the thread, past the kudos, is to help others attain better performance. If new members stop in here trying to gather information they should see accurate clocks and scores. Think long-term and not immediate gratification folks....if you want immediate gratification as a result of deceptive scores please feel free to start your own thread.

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

Edited: 12/16/2010 at 02:23 PM by Canis-X
 12/16/2010 02:01 PM

Author Icon
cq842000
Deprecated

Sweet, sounds good then....

MountainMods Ascension | EVGA X58 4xSLI Classified | Intel Core i7 980X | 12 GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3 | Sapphire Radeon HD6990 + GTX460(PPU)| Antec TPQ 1200 + Antec TPQ 1000
 12/18/2010 03:49 AM

Author Icon
cvsi3
Elite

Haha, i would put up some scores, but i cant compete with them lol. And
i hate being in last so im gonna sit this one out until I unveil my secret weapon in a few weeks.

Edit: How the hell did my post end up above yours. I was replying to yours post Canis lol.

i7 2600K - Asus Maximus Extreme-Z - G.Skill DDR3 2133 CL9 - MSI 5870 - Corsair 1200w PSU - 2 x Western Digital Raptors Raid 0 - Swiftech Apogee XT Water Block - Swiftech MCP655 Pump - 120mm Quad Rad - Windows 7 - Ubuntu x64

5311Mhz Validation
 12/18/2010 03:50 AM

Author Icon
Canis-X
The Frozen One

Come on folks, give me some more data to work with here!!!! Post up some scores!!

12/18/2010 11:19 AM

Author Icon
justa8ballplayer
Lurker

I doubt many will when their AMD cpu does not stand a chance.
 12/18/2010 02:22 PM

Author Icon
cq842000
Deprecated

Originally posted by: justa8ballplayer

Benchmarks dont equal real-world performance with much congruence. AMD chips are awesome performers in games and thats a fact. Equivalent performance at a more affordable price has been AMD's winning number for the longest time. Even in benchmarks thread for thread, they are strong performers against the competition. Even so, most games and gaming benchmarks are GPU dependent anyways.

12/18/2010 02:34 PM

Author Icon
cvsi3
Elite

I think its funny to get this response to what i wrote. Apparently he didnt read my sig, I run Intel. And im saying my systems dont stand a chance. lol

i7 2600K - Asus Maximus Extreme-Z - G.Skill DDR3 2133 CL9 - MSI 5870 - Corsair 1200w PSU - 2 x Western Digital Raptors Raid 0 - Swiftech Apogee XT Water Block - Swiftech MCP655 Pump - 120mm Quad Rad - Windows 7 - Ubuntu x64

5311Mhz Validation
 12/18/2010 03:55 PM

Author Icon
slaveondope
Case Modder

Old submission re-submitted.

More Advanced Micro Devices than Intel
 12/19/2010 01:05 AM

Author Icon
Canis-X
The Frozen One

TBH, if you look at it that way...yeah sure...but when you look at it from the stance that you can show what kind of OC'r you are with the equipment that you have, that is a completely different story.

In true benchmark competitions that is what it is all about....how good of an OC'r are you!? That is what my threads are for....if you are out scoring people with the same hardware then that means that you either got lucky and got better than average parts, or that you really know your stuff. That is what is cool and that is what new people are going to see and may just ask you to mentor them and teach them your process. To me that is an honor. Do I know it all? No, far from it and there are people that I look to for assistance all of the time. So, post them up anyway. Hopefully when BullDozer comes out that will level the playing field and we AMD'rs can compete more equally in benchmarks. Until that time, show us your skills!

CHEERS!!

Benchmarks dont equal real-world performance with much congruence. AMD chips are awesome performers in games and thats a fact. Equivalent performance at a more affordable price has been AMD's winning number for the longest time. Even in benchmarks thread for thread, they are strong performers against the competition. Even so, most games and gaming benchmarks are GPU dependent anyways.

Thanks for saying that cq!! Much appreciated!

Originally posted by: slaveondope

Old submission re-submitted.

Thanks slave for the post!!

12/19/2010 03:43 AM

Author Icon
SlayerX
Elite

I just have to say I think this is realy cool how you set up these benchmark threads Canis-x

PII 1100T (Extinct)
Asus M4A78T-E (should be Extinct)
4Gb of Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz DDR3 (Going strong)
2x1GB 5850's (On their last lags)
Corsair HX850W (Awsome)
NZXT Phantom case (too ***** big)
 12/19/2010 04:42 AM

Author Icon
Canis-X
The Frozen One

Originally posted by: SlayerX

I just have to say I think this is realy cool how you set up these benchmark threads Canis-x

Thanks SlayerX!! Thought that it was time to start a new thread for these benchmarks as I was starting to have a hard time remembering which page my scores were posted on. IL having gotten a job in his area of expertise no longer had the time to keep his graphs up to date so I asked him if he was OK with me making new ones. He gracefully allowed me to take this over and get it going again. I find it interesting seeing how people can take their equipment to the limits and I also enjoy it when others learn or can base their purchase decisions off of what they see and learn here. It is also pretty cool seeing people come here that are green when it comes to computers in general and within a years time are grade A overclockers.....I like to help and I myself learn in the process too, so from all points of view this is what it is all about for me!!

12/19/2010 12:18 PM

Author Icon
cq842000
Deprecated

Originally posted by: pcnazz

I'm glad I could help you fix your 5970 uplimits cq , looking very nice man , looks like you will crack 50k there . What v you need for 1050mhz cq ? I need 1.29v for 1055mhz with this current weak loop . I have my wc'ing parts ordered & be here soon to adjust my loop so I can wind up this processor , the way the loop is now with twin 5970's + processor on it its like running it on air . I may after that throw it on the 2s cascade , xxbass is freezing his today . Good vantage job cq !!!

I appreciate the help man. If I can get 1090mhz stable (the max that my cores will go unlocked), then 50k shouldnt be an issue. I use 1.287 for 1050mhz on all cores. I was going to comment on your loop setup but it seems like your already spot on....dual dedicated loops is the way to go. I have my cpu/northbridge/southbridge/ 2x NF200s/ mosfets on one loop, and the two GPUs on the other. The cards produce alot of heat overclocked, so a separate radiator and loop was really necessary. I've had 4.8ghz stable, but as I'm sure you can see my proc is a decent clocker, just voltage hungry and temps were an issue with 4.8ghz even with my setup being uber efficient. So short of phase, I wont be taking her to 4.8ghz. I have everything dialed in now, and disabling the network adapters and sound devices really added some punch to the score by removing background overhead.

12/19/2010 12:22 PM

Author Icon
pcnazz
Sub Zero

Originally posted by: pcnazz

I'm glad I could help you fix your 5970 uplimits cq , looking very nice man , looks like you will crack 50k there . What v you need for 1050mhz cq ? I need 1.29v for 1055mhz with this current weak loop . I have my wc'ing parts ordered & be here soon to adjust my loop so I can wind up this processor , the way the loop is now with twin 5970's + processor on it its like running it on air . I may after that throw it on the 2s cascade , xxbass is freezing his today . Good vantage job cq !!!

I appreciate the help man. If I can get 1090mhz stable (the max that my cores will go unlocked), then 50k shouldnt be an issue. I use 1.287 for 1050mhz on all cores. I was going to comment on your loop setup but it seems like your already spot on....dual dedicated loops is the way to go. I have my cpu/northbridge/southbridge/ 2x NF200s/ mosfets on one loop, and the two GPUs on the other. The cards produce alot of heat overclocked, so a separate radiator and loop was really necessary. I've had 4.8ghz stable, but as I'm sure you can see my proc is a decent clocker, just voltage hungry and temps were an issue with 4.8ghz even with my setup being uber efficient. So short of phase, I wont be taking her to 4.8ghz. I have everything dialed in now, and disabling the network adapters and sound devices really added some punch to the score by removing background overhead.

Ya I have parts coming for duel loops , I knew that of coarse but I just was buying new gpu'z and processors faster then I could set up the right cooling for max performance , loop set up was always temporary . I have a 2 stage cascade also but ya my wc'ing parts I ordered for this everyday rig and will be here anytime now , I have dedicated twin xspc rx2 480's for the twins and 970 with twin DC655's , two loops . This mb I'm using on this rig is temporary also , when I get a new one I'm going to full block it running off loop 1 / cpu . I'm going eventually throw up 5970 cf & 5970 quad fire vantage scores .

Room Temp H20 | 2 Stage Cascade | PH II X6 1090T BE | PH II X2 555 / Asus CH4 v905 | i7 970 / Asus R2E v1914 | Corsair HX1000 1210W | Asus 5970 QF | Corsair Dominator GT 2000 | WD VR 3+0 Raid ( 450gb )
 12/21/2010 01:20 AM

Author Icon
Canis-X
The Frozen One

Need some more variety ladies and germs....Lets see some nVidia action and some more scores in general!!

12/21/2010 03:21 AM

Author Icon
slaveondope
Case Modder

JC gone Blue I see

More Advanced Micro Devices than Intel
 12/21/2010 01:13 PM

Author Icon
TeMpLeViPeR:~
Deprecated

JC gone Blue I see

What a trader!

~5.53 GHZ CPU-Z Link~

12/21/2010 08:46 PM

Author Icon
JC
Elite

JC gone Blue I see

Ya, Got a good deal so i thought I would give it a shot before BD hits. And I tell you what.. this thing stock is so freaking nice.. everything is smoooooooth. I still have a AMD rig with a 965 in it.

12/21/2010 08:46 PM

Author Icon
JC
Elite

Originally posted by: TeMpLeViPeR:~

JC gone Blue I see [IMG][/IMG]

What a trader! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif" border="0[/IMG]

HMMM

Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information