Increase font size
Topic Title: Just need some advice if my OC is ok! Thanx
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/25/2010 06:55 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/25/2010 06:55 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Blakmumba
Lurker

Hi, firstly I would like to apologise in advance if I sound like a complete dumb person and for any mistakes that I may make and would like to Thankyou in-advance for reading my post and to either help or insult me lol .
Basically I have been reading advices given on this site regarding overclocking and iv just overclocked my current computer but dont know wether its any good or not or if i have totally messed up my overclock! Ive asked my uncle who is an extreme gamer but he just states that my pc spec and overclock is only OK but dosent help me any further (never has and everything iv done is by reading on forums) but another of my mate says that it the overclock and my pc is Very Good. My spec is as follows:-

Amd Phenom II x4 965 BE processor overclocked to 4.25,
Asus Crosshair IV Formula motherboard,
Gigabyte HD4870x2 in CrossfireX (2 cards = 4gpu's),
4GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600mhz memory overclocked to 1838.2mhz (i think),
150GB WD Velociraptor hard drive (got my OS),
1TB & 500GB Hitachi Sata II Hard drives (both used for movies, software etc),
LG Blu-ray/dvdrw drive,
Coolermaster 1000watts modular powersupply with 6x12v rails,
Lian Li PC-P80R Limited Edition Ati CrossfireX red tower/case.

Below is my cpu-z validation and iv also ran stability test for 1hr.

CPU-Z Validation

Memory Timings

Please could someone just let me know if everything is ok for the overclock and wether my pc spec is also ok as any input would be much appreciated.

Many Thanx and Kind Regards
 12/30/2010 08:03 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
CapeCod
Driod

Doesn't look to bad from what I can see. But then the question comes up how are you cooling it and what the load temps are on the cpu. To find out if it's a stable setup you should run Prime 95 for a minimum of 4 hours. Really keep an eye on them temps if it starts to get above say 58-60 within 5 min of running prime than your overclock is to high and would try lowering the Volts till it bluescreen crashes and bump them up a little at a time until it's stable again. Running them volts you have and not having water cooling is really not recommended. You may also want to run that memory at 1600 and not at 1838 that seems a bit high for that memory.

I hope this helps
Cape

-------------------------
Processor: Phenom ll 1090T X6 @ 4.2 1.50v On Water
NB: 2964
HT: 2117
Motherboard: Asus Crosshair Formula IV 890FX
Memory: 8 GB Gskill PI 6-8-6-24@1700
Card: Msi GTX 580 900/1800/2048
HD: 3 WD Caviar Black 500 GB Raid 0
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information