AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Phenom II x4 locks himself
Topic Summary: dont know whats his problem, warranty??
Created On: 06/10/2012 12:34 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/10/2012 12:34 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
copa
Lurker

hi all, my problems its that i bought a phenom in amazon USA and get it shpped to my country, first month processor was working very wall, the my compurer suddensly stops showing display images, i first thought it was my nvidia card fault so shut the computer and check cable and turn on and everything went back to normal....

after that the computer did tha same sometimes, but after shut down always went to normal, but then one day my screnn got frozen and then i just shut down and think ***** windows 7, after booting in the windows log on screen the computer did the same but this time show me blue screen but i could not read it cos suddenly the display turn, off........

after that my computer never turn on again, it was like locked, i could not even enter to the bios screen, try everything, change ram, motherboard, PSU, video card, and nothing happend, so i juts bought and amd sempron 145 and it was like magic my compurter turn on and work prefectly.... after a few days just to try i change again my semprom with the bad phenom and to surprise me my computer turned on, but then again in log on screen it just got frozen then it never turn on again.....

i am using the sempron but i want to know it you think that somehow i just damage my phenom(it does not have any physical damage, it looks like i took it out of the box), but the sempron its to slow to encoding videos and i need to encode videos fast, so if i damage my processor, can i still send it to amd for warranty???? or i will need to buy a new one cos its my fault the processor got damage???............

thanks for thaking your time reading my long post
 06/11/2012 01:57 AM

Author Icon
candle_86
Case Modder

talk to Amazon since u bought the chip from the us and had it shipped to you, you wouldn't be covered by the US Warranty, if Amazon can't help then contact AMD directly and explain the situation they might be able to help

-------------------------
Core I7-3930k -- MSI GTX670 Quad SLI -- ASUS Rampage Extreme IV -- 4x4gb Muskin Redline DDR3 1866 -- 128gb SSD -- Windows 7 Ultimate
Phenom II 960T -- XFX HD4870 -- ECS IC780M -- 2x2gb DDR3 1333 -- 500gb HD -- Windows 7 Home Premium
 06/11/2012 12:39 PM

Author Icon
copa
Lurker

i send a ticket to amd support but return me mail that my ticket cant be processed, im not sure what its wrong with my processor.... but maybe i cant be coverered by the AMD warranty...
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information