AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Is it my imagination? - CPU compatability testing.
Topic Summary: A6 3670 Vanishes From Compatability?
Created On: 07/17/2012 05:49 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/17/2012 05:49 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Dkmafia
Lurker

Ok.. So a few months ago I purchased a bunch of A6-3670's (NOT the K / unlocked version) and some Asus F1A55-M LE boards.

They would intermittently freeze.

As to not delay, I bought some new processors and shelved the A6 3670 (NOT the K / unlocked version) - comps ran fine and went on their way to happy homes.

My issue:
I have a box full of brand new A6 3670's and need a compatible motherboard. Easy right? Buy an FM1 motherboard... BUT Asus does not list this processor under the support list for ANY motherboards (we are not interested in any other brand, we can argue about that later).

Even still, I Google the chip and get only the K version. No confirmed motherboard works?

Is this chip recalled?

Is it a secret?

Do I soley account for the global sales of the A6 3670 chipset?

I called both AMD and Asus tech support (first time ever in a 10 year career) with some amusing responses, but no help.

Anyone else own this chip? That will be a good start. As for what to do... I don't know.

Thank you all in advance... Let the conspiracy be brought to light!!!! - Just kidding AMD, I am huge fan - Low latency FTW... Some us still pay attention.
 07/21/2012 01:53 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
FrozenSteel
Ninja Zombie Killer

Where did you acquire these CPU's? My results from doing a quick lookup showed no such thing as a non-k 3670 APU. Did you purchase them from a "legit" distributor or did you get them from the shady man, wearing a trench coat, in a dark alley located in china?

Something that could help all of us greatly is if you can give us all the markings and information etched into the APU's heatsink. Specifically, I'm looking for the APU's model code.

-------------------------
Alienware m17x R4
17.3" 1920x1080 -- Intel Core i7-3820QM -- 16GB DDR3 1600MHz -- Intel 520 180GB SSD -- 750GB 7200RPM Data HDD -- Slot BD-ROM -- 2GB AMD 7970m -- Intel Centrino 6250+WiMax -- Mediacom 20 Mbps Internet Connection
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information