Increase font size
Topic Title: noob needs help!
Topic Summary: how to set the proper settings for AMD Sempron
Created On: 05/20/2007 01:12 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/20/2007 01:12 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
ozzy82

Hello to all!

Am having trouble getting my machine back to its proper factory settings.

in todays terms, i would be running an old machine, but none the less, it still works for what i do .

I bought a Tiny system about 3yrs ago now, and just about 1mth ago it started to play up. So cutting all the crap, i found out i needed a new mobo.

So when i got it back with new ASRock K7S41GX mobo, it was running clock speed of 1333 /1.3GHz .... (AMD Sempron 1500+ 1.3GHz)

I was wanting to know why it was set to this, I phoned the guy and he said he tuned it down, but in doing this he has messed up my settings i think.

When i bought it , it was an (AMD Sempron 2400+ 1.76GHz) and when i clicked on system spec in PC Wizzard, it said it was 1777GHz, but even now when i click PC Wizzard even lo i have set the clock back to its proper setting of 1.76 it still says its a 1333MHz running at 1777mhz.

Is there some other setting apart from FIDS & Jumper settings to get it back to saying 1777mhz running at 1.76GHz

I have tried all settings that the mobo manual says and also tried all other settings to do with Jumpers and FIDS.

This is last ditch effort comming and joinig this forum, cos i have looked everywhere on the net for a fix for this but havnt found anything that can get me sorted. I didnt want to come on a forum with maybe it being a simple problem to fix and then i would just be wasting everybodys time.

So here i am :-)
Thanks in advance for any comments and sry if all of the above is double dutch to all ya guys that know what they are talking about:-)

Cheers !!!
 05/20/2007 01:13 PM

Author Icon
elite_athlon

Are the jumpers set to the right speed as well has BIO settings? to 166FSB

-------------------------
Join a real forum - http://www.compsupportforums.com/
 05/20/2007 05:08 PM

Author Icon
ozzy82

Yes sir, not sure what your on about the fsb in bios, all i have is the clock speed and a thing called Dram freq, i set that to 333MHz half that = 1.67GHz 2400+ which is the proper setting that it was when i bought it , so in a way its fixed , but its still saying that its a 1333Mhz running at 1667MHz , should it not be saying ,its running 1667MHz at 1.67GHz

If you would like, i could do up a few screen shots to show you what am seeing.

Thanks for your comment:-)
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information