Increase font size
Topic Title: computer wont recognize floppy drive
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/19/2007 01:17 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/19/2007 01:17 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
mr.goodbit

i took an older 1995 floppy drive out and put it in my newer computer that didnt come with a floppy drive. i looked up my computer and the floppy drive on the net sony.com and hp.com got all my info, said they were compatible with my os, mobo ect. so then i pluged it in, i 10x checked on the net and in my machine to see if i had hoked everything up right, it's all in the right place. i thot maybe it would recognize it once i turned on the computer with that plug and play. it didnt it said in the bios that the floppy drive wasnt installed, so i checked the 1.44mb setting exited saving changes it rebooted then switched over to the boot screen and booted everything except the floppy drive. it had a message that said
FLOPPY DISK(S) FAIL (80) i only need it for school, my school still hasnt upgraded to cd drives that accually work, they still want everybody to use floppy
thanX
 07/19/2007 01:55 PM

Author Icon
technic58
Minister of Spare Parts

I bet you any money the floppy cables backwards! Haha I used to do that all the time. It's backwards at either the motherboard, the floppy drive, or both. Try switching it around until the BIOS detects it.

-------------------------
My GT430 Is Folding For AMD Team 34106
FOR A GOOD CAUSE---Accepting Donations of New, Used, Working, Nonworking PC Components
Thanks to KLEETUS for his generous donation of components!!
 07/19/2007 11:24 PM

Author Icon
mr.goodbit

that was 2 easy i should have thot of that, ya it was backwards at the floppy. started it up and the bios detected it right away. thanX
 07/20/2007 11:17 AM

Author Icon
technic58
Minister of Spare Parts

Haha no problem, it's harder with those older cables that don't have the notches...

-------------------------
My GT430 Is Folding For AMD Team 34106
FOR A GOOD CAUSE---Accepting Donations of New, Used, Working, Nonworking PC Components
Thanks to KLEETUS for his generous donation of components!!
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information