AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Support for FreeBSD and Linux on 760G chipset.
Topic Summary: Need help determining if this chipset will work with FreeBSD and Linux and if AMD cares about FreeBSD and Linux users.
Created On: 08/01/2010 09:40 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/01/2010 09:40 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
dj452
Lurker

I am looking for a low cost motherboard with chipset with RAID and 4 SATA ports with AM3 support. I think that the AMD 760G is best for me and the motherboard I found uses this chipset. 760G is within my price range and i am within a budget.

However, the chipset must work well with FreeBSD and Linux and the sound, network, SATA, RAID, and graphics and other features must be supported. As an AMD customer, it is the right thing to for AMD to do to make sure that AMD products work with the software that AMD customers use and to be responsive to users needs.

I want to know if AMD is commited to providing effort to make sure that these operating systems work with its hardware, which many of your customers do use FreeBSD and Linux.

I am asking as well that AMD work with Linux and FreeBSD developers, provide open documentation of its hardware and programming interfaces and how to program and interface with them in OS drivers, and to provide source code to Linux and FreeBSD for operating its hardware devices.

I want to purchase AMD 760G chipset motherboard and other hardware but I need assurances that AMD is working to make sure that these work with FreeBSD and Linux operating systems.

Edited: 08/01/2010 at 11:06 PM by dj452
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information