Increase font size
Topic Title: Crossfire issues
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/11/2011 08:35 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/11/2011 08:35 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
baikalhunter25
Lurker

I have Crossfire enabled running an A8 3850 along with a 6570. All BIOS setting correct, the video in the processor alone actually scores better than when working along with the card in crossfire. I actually lose 3 tenths a point in my Windows Experience Score.

Also I read somewhere, with Crossfire enabled, my video should show up as "HD 6630D2". This doesn't happen. I still just show 2 separate video devices.

Any ideas? Would love to see improved performance with Crossfire, not dropping WEI scores! Any help would be great.
 08/25/2011 04:46 PM

Author Icon
heavyarms39
Lurker

wow i am on the exact same boat, i've got both the a8 and 6670 and it's still showing as the two separate devices. Bump this thread...needs to get fixed!!
 08/25/2011 05:11 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
The Frozen One

WEI scores mean nothing. There is no rhyme or reason to how they score components. If you want to test for performance get a real 3D bechmark program (3DMark - 06, Vantage, 11) and test with them with/without CrossFire enabled to see if you note any improvements.

As far as the :HD 6630D2" statement is concerned, where are you expecting to see this value at?

-------------------------
The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
 09/22/2011 02:28 PM

Author Icon
wasped
Lurker

I'm guessing you guys connected the display to onboard? What I've read somewhere the display should be connected to the card instead. I tried connecting to display and then to card and I found game running much smoother through the card. But from card, the Engine control centre won't detect crossfire like from onboard and there's no way to know if its already crossfired. I tried reinstalling drivers but same. Any guys from AMD can give a proper dual graphic setup procedure? The HD6690D2 are widely circulated in the internet, as users I guess we expected the system to acknowlegde this. I think AMD should give a proper setup procedure for this Llano dual graphic.
 09/25/2011 08:21 PM

Author Icon
SteelScyther
Lurker

I'm setting up an A6 processor with a Radeon 6750 GPU soon on crossfire, so this is also relevant to me. Are there any guides/FAQs/troubleshooters you could point us to? Also I'd like to ask if the 6750 is fully compatible with these new APUs as AMD keeps saying that performance can be improved upto 120% when used with selected 6000 series radeon cards, but there's no specificity! Thanks in advance
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information