Increase font size
Topic Title: help, my first build
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/21/2012 09:59 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/21/2012 09:59 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
copa
Lurker

hi all, i just want some advices to my firts build..

CPU: im going for an fx 8120, im not so sure what its the main diference with 8150.... i plan to OC the 8120 to 4.0GHZ with an water cooling kit.

MOBO: in this i want to be the cheapest jejeje cos im planning to upgrade later, im not so sure if an MOBO with 970fx north bridge will be ok.... i have seen an asrock am3+ 970FX that says up to 8 cores fx processor.....

RAM: im going to use 4gb ddr3 corsair vegance 1600MHZ...

for graphics, im going to get an ATI Raedon HD 7770....

HDD going for 500gb sata 7200rpm western digital caviar...

do you think this components can be useful to OC my processor to that freq??? im not into the gaming world so i just want a good pc to sometimes play a game, encode a video without having to wait hours to encode an x264 video....

thanks
 06/21/2012 11:08 AM

Author Icon
Canis-X
The Frozen One

These CPU's can be power hogs, so make sure that what ever motherboard you get has an 8-pin plug for the CPU (usually located towards the top left of the mobo). Make sure that the motherboards lists the CPU and the RAM that you want to use in their "supported" listing before you purchase to save you a few headaches. GPU and HDD sound fine, but make sure that you purchase a good power supply (PSU) to power all of this and not a el cheapo one. Remember, all of your components are fed via the power supply, if you want them to perform and to last you need to feed them reliable, clean power.

I would recommend Corsair, Antec, Silverstone in the 500-600W range.

-------------------------
The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
 06/21/2012 01:22 PM

Author Icon
SlayerX
Elite

I agree, a good psu is a must!
Also don't go too cheap on the mobo. if your planning to OC to 4Ghz a good mobo will help you reach it.

-------------------------
PII 1100T (Extinct)
Asus M4A78T-E (should be Extinct)
4Gb of Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz DDR3 (Going strong)
2x1GB 5850's (On their last lags)
Corsair HX850W (Awsome)
NZXT Phantom case (too ***** big)
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information