Increase font size
Topic Title: Overcloking Amd Phenom II x6 T1090
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/13/2012 08:03 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/13/2012 08:03 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Laamapalmu
Lurker

Hello. I want to overclock my Proseccor to 4.0-4.6Ghz but only problem is where can i change Bus clock? Is it possible change it at Amd overdrive because i dont have any bus or FSB thing on Bios.
 07/13/2012 10:38 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Canis-X
The Frozen One

The most that you are going to get out of that CPU on air is roughly 4.0 Ghz......if you are still using the stock air cooler that comes with the CPU I would not even think about making any adjustments in the BIOS at all, leave them alone, as the stock cooler was engineered to dissipate the heat of that CPU at stock clocks and voltages.

Now that that is out of the way, if you want to hit higher than 4.0Ghz you are most likely going to have to throw some volts at it and you will want to look at water cooling to obtain a 4.2/4.3 Ghz OC. For anything higher such as 4.6Ghz.....you are going to need sub zero cooling like phase change or LN2. I had to cool my 1090T to -55C to hit 4.6Ghz.

Can't tell you where to find your FSB or CPU multi info because you haven't stated what motherboard you have.

-------------------------
The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

Edited: 07/14/2012 at 12:26 AM by Canis-X
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information