AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Graphics Driver Issues (AMD A8-3850 APU / ATI Radeon HD 6550D)
Topic Summary: Monitor mode "Not Supported" when Catalyst drivers are installed. Standard on-board VGA works OK.
Created On: 08/01/2012 01:27 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/01/2012 01:27 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
highfield31
Lurker

I have been battling a problem for the past 2 days and need some help.

AMD A8-3850 APU w/integrated ATI Radeon HD 6550D
8GB RAM
MSI A75MA-G55 motherboard
Olevia LT26HVX Monitor
Windows 7 Pro (64 bit) SP1 - all updates applied.

Start of Issues: I adjusted the resolution while in a game (Star Wars: The Old Republic) a few days ago. I changed the resolution to what should have been a supported mode for both the graphics card and monitor (1280x1024). The monitor went blank with a "Not Supported" message - typical if you select a non-supported resolution. I rebooted the PC, but it still had the blank screen and "Not Supported" message. I had to reboot to "Safe Mode" & uninstall the Radeon HD 6550D graphics driver & reboot to get back to a working monitor using the standard (default) VGA drivers. Re-installing the graphics driver seemed to work OK.

I decided to rebuild the system from scratch.
- MB BIOS update
- Installed OS (Windows 7 Pro (64 bit))
- Installed all drivers (including appropriate ATI Catalyst Drivers)
- INstalled all apps, printers, AV, etc...
- Updated OS and Apps

Everything is working fine, including the graphics drivers.
Tried to run the game again (from a fresh install) = same behavior as before, except this time uninstalling/re-installing the graphics driver isn't working. I am unable to get the Catalyst driver to work, period. Only the standard VGA drivers are working.

Any ideas?
Help desperately needed.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information