Increase font size
Topic Title: Simply got tired of it all
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/11/2004 08:35 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/11/2004 08:35 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
[255]

So once again, i got tired of my hardware... and decided to make a couple lower end changes... new ram, oc'ed ram, and a new video card, and a replacement sb live, as mine of 5 years decided to die one night, for no reason...
My next update will be an abit NF-S 2 board... simply for the 8x AGP and the oc' option of the processor...
(if anyone has an NF-s 2 board and wants to sell it, lemme know )

Aspire X-SuperAlien Case (its so pretty! WHEEEE)
Allied 500w PSU
6X 60mm fans (super quiet i might add)
Abit KX7 333 (newest bios revision)
AMD Athlon XP 2600+ (266 fsb)
Coolermaster Areo 7+ Heatsink / Fan
512 PC2100 Kingston - Oc'ed to 2700 - Updated
512 PC2700 Nanya Tech. - Updated
ATI Radeon AIW 9600XT - Updated
TDK 48x CDRW
SB Live! (i've had since they were 150 bucks, counting on... 5 years i believe, and about a month after the original post, it freaking died on me... so i bought another for $50) - Updated
D-link DFE 530 TX (older than the SB Live)
Maxtor 40G HD
2X Maxtor 120G HD's

No floppy drive, And good riddence to it! for some odd reason, every floppy i got would die within 3 weeks..... after about 20 of them, i quit..

Although I don't and probably never will OC my system, i love it, even though it isnt the best.

-------------------------
Opty 170 @ 2.5ghz
Asus A8N32 SLI Deluxe
2gig gskill @ DDR456 - 2.5-3-3-6
Saphire ATI Radeon x850xt @ 560/580 -SOLD-... Had to make ends meet.
 04/26/2004 05:21 PM

Author Icon
Aubrey

If it does the job for you thats whats important and you can play games all day and night on that box.

( Quote )
Possession of a powerful computer is no substitute for a working brain.
A working brain is no substitute for possession of a powerful computer.
 04/27/2004 06:39 PM

Author Icon
Paladin

Definately looks like ya won't have any problems gaming, When more of those dx9 games come out, just go out and spend 150 or so on a new vid card and your set! And if ya don't like the first wave of dx9 games, all the more reason to keep your current video card and get a better deal down the road

I used to own an SBLive! as well, (Bought it when it first came out) but i sold it to a friend, thinking the built in sound card on my P4P-800 Deluxe would be just as good... That was a load of Bullox, I now get an occasional "CKACK" while playing mp3's I've had for years! My friend spent the best 15 dollars he ever did... And I weep, cause I coulda hooked up 10 speakers to my computer, Think of the Power!

Speaking of... Speakers, Does that board of yours have any audio jacks? If it does, you could pick up where I had failed, and put an insane amount of speakers around yourself!! You Could configure each set to a side!! Think of the Power!
 04/28/2004 11:04 PM

Author Icon
Pro Kid

I see you got yourself the old school 2600+, didn't know that those were still circulating around. Thats neat. Althought the 8500 isn't the best, theres something that I like about those cards. I don't know what it is, same thing with the V5.

Life is hard you know this $hit gets taxin,
Thats why when ya find me Ima be relaxin...
 04/29/2004 01:21 AM

Author Icon
Paladin

Bah! whay didn't I notice that right off the Bat? Oh well, Yeah that 2600+ is a keeper alright! Unless you have the time to LOOK for it, finding that processor is a no-go. Maybe later on when people start loosening their Iron-Grips on them, I'll be able ta get one, but till then, the Mobile 2500+ is looking tasty... Anyway, be Proud of that Processor I tell ya! I'm sure you'll get alot more use outta it in years to come!
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information