Increase font size
Topic Title: mem problem
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/25/2004 11:03 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/25/2004 11:03 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
S@ndm@n

Hi there,
I just finished my friends new computer but it keeps crashing(in games). It has Twinmos memory. Is it true that twinmos and AMD64 dont go well together? What kind of memory is best for an AMD64(Corsair,OCZ)?

P.s: I'm asking this so I can go to the shop and show this thread and ask my money back. So, it would be nice if one of the AMD people gives a replie, thx.
 08/25/2004 12:05 PM

Author Icon
Silent_Shadow

QUOTE (S@ndm@n @ Aug 25 2004, 04:03 PM) P.s: I'm asking this so I can go to the shop and show this thread and ask my money back. So, it would be nice if one of the AMD people gives a replie, thx.
To be honest, I can't see the shop giving you the money back even if the CEO of AMD gave you a direct post (but hey, I could be wrong).

Just because something's not fully compatible doesn't mean that it's broken. The shop's sold you some memory which (for all I know) is fine and dandy. You're the guy who whacked it in the wrong mobo (from the shop's perspective), so it's your problem.

Anyhow, now I've got that off my chest - probably Kingston or Corsair. What motherboard is it going in.
 08/25/2004 12:07 PM

Author Icon
S@ndm@n

Nope, the shop keeper chose all the parts, he should have known better. Its his fault, he can fix it!

Mobo: Msi 8KN Neo
mem: 512mb ddr400 TwinMos
proc: AMD 64bit 3000

BTW: You didnt answer my question. Is it true that Twinmos mem and amd 64 dont go well together? I've seen a lot of people with the same problem, I only want some confirmation.
I'm not stupid you know. I probably wont get my money back, but that's my problem to deal with...
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information