Increase font size
Topic Title: mobo suggestions please
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/15/2005 01:58 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/15/2005 01:58 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
timtalk

Hi all. I've currenty got an ati all in wonder 9800 agp graphics card and i'm looking at buying a 4200+ cpu. I've got 2 WD raptor 74's on the way. I'm looking for a board that has sata raid capabilitys. I also currenty have a couple of ATA drives that are raid arrayed together. I'd like to be able to keep them that way while still having my raptors arrayed together for the OS. I would like to use my current soundblaster pci card if at all possible and I'm needing either extra pci slots for promise cards (I have more than a few HD's) or a board that has the ability to support my drives. currenty there is 7 drives (maybe 8 after i get the raptors) and a dvd burner. I'm not dead set on keeping the video card so if I'm going to see an improvment in proformance I'll give it up. I use this machine mostly for dvd rendering and 3d graphics designe and rendering. a normal day consists of 10+ browsers open and a few other apps here and there along with at least one graphics intensive prog. Please make a few suggestions on motherboard type, ram amounts and anything else you can think that would help me out. I'm looking at trying to stay under 1k USD when it's all done. Thanks.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information