Increase font size
Topic Title: Heatsink for LGA 775
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/24/2005 06:07 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/24/2005 06:07 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
MMB088

Ok first things first. This computer is for my dad, I got a 2.8 PD through Intel's retail program, got XP Pro, the proc, and intel mobo for 210. So it was a good deal.

Onto the technical question. I have the heatsink installed, i know their the four rubber like plastic clips. I have it more locked down than I did before but theirs still a signifigent wiggle to it. I'm just wondering if that is normal or how the retention mechinism works.

Thanks in advance.

-------------------------
Opie and Anthony on XM Satelite Radio!

Now also on FM stations in NYC, Boston, Philly, Pittsburgh, Washington DC, Rochester, Columbus OH, Cleveland, Detroit, West Palm Beach, Dallas, Chicago, San Fran and some other cities, their pretty much nationwide now, google it.

http://www.opieandanthony.com/

The Virus is spreading..... get infected
 11/24/2005 11:59 PM

Author Icon
MMB088

Bump, please help.

Opie and Anthony on XM Satelite Radio!

Now also on FM stations in NYC, Boston, Philly, Pittsburgh, Washington DC, Rochester, Columbus OH, Cleveland, Detroit, West Palm Beach, Dallas, Chicago, San Fran and some other cities, their pretty much nationwide now, google it.

http://www.opieandanthony.com/

The Virus is spreading..... get infected
 11/25/2005 12:05 AM

Author Icon
technic58
Minister of Spare Parts

o geez i dont kno...sorry

my friend has an LGA775 PC from dell..i think he showed me the heat sink and socket once. i dont remember how steady the heat sink was on the socket, but i can give u a bit of advice. i would say to start it up an dgo STRAIGHT into the BIOS to check the temp. if its too high, pull the plug. i wouldnt normally say this, but i have a prescott for socket 478 and it has booted up at above 96C before(heat sink problems), pulled the plug right away, and the prescott is still going strong, folding right next to my san diego system, no problems what so ever.

My GT430 Is Folding For AMD Team 34106
FOR A GOOD CAUSE---Accepting Donations of New, Used, Working, Nonworking PC Components
Thanks to KLEETUS for his generous donation of components!!
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information