Increase font size
Topic Title: Experiences with ASUS A8N-SLI Premium
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/23/2005 04:29 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/23/2005 04:29 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
asarian

I would like to solicit your experiences/opinions about the ASUS A8N-SLI Premium. In theory, this is a great board. But it seems there are still a great many issues with it. Such as, boot-up errors (black screen, not going past POST); SATA/PATA disk corruption (! after several days, and various problems relating to PCI-E (and boot-related problems initalizing PCI-E cards properly).

Does anyone among you actually know of these problems and/or has an update about their status? Or maybe you have no trouble with it at all. I'd like to know that too, of course.

As a side-note, it seems to me that these PCI-E boards that are now being released, at least those of ASUS, whether Intel or AMD based. all seem to have rather flaky BIOSes. You expect this from Abit, but not from ASUS. But anyway.

Thanks!
 07/23/2005 06:31 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
amd64lizard

I never had one problem out of my A8N board, I love it infact. Alot of people said their fan went bad or w/e but mine has been going strong with no noise, and it doesn't really get all that loud. Anyway I never those problem's, some boards do have have their bad spots in them. I'v owned two A8V boards the first one I had a ton of problems out of like BSOD's and what not bought a new one and not had one problem. I haven't reformated or anything if thats what your thinking.

-------------------------
| Intel C2D E6400 | eVGA NF68 | AC Freezer 7 Pro | OCZ Plat Rev 2. 4-4-4-15 DDR2800 | Antec Nine Hundred | OCZ 450W Modstream | eVGA Ge-Force 8800 GTS |
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information