AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Now or Wait?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/09/2005 06:32 PM
Status: Read Only
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/09/2005 06:32 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
grdnangel
Junior Member

Posts: 2
Joined: 02/09/2005

Hey guys/gals,
I was wondering if I should go ahead and get a system that would take advantage of it. The setup I have now is fine for what I do with it,but I want to get a better one down the road.Are there any apps,etc that even take advantage of pci-e right now? I was thinking that the prices will drop after awhile and that would be a good time to get a new system. I really don't need one now,but i was considering it?Thanks
 02/09/2005 06:36 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
axy1985
Ninja Zombie Killer

Posts: 6424
Joined: 08/25/2004

well, if you don't need it, don't go for it...
PCI-E is currently performing as AGP, but ppl are getting it for future compatibility. prices are somewhat high on PCI-E solutions right now, specially mobos, so if you can wait, wait... it will only get better.

-------------------------
AMD Athlon II X2 440 @ 2.7 GHz (Sempron unlocked)
2x2GB OCZ DDR3 1600MHz 8-8-8-24 AMD Black Edition
Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H 890GX
MSI nVidia GTX460 1GB Hawk
X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional
Antec TruePower New 650W
 02/09/2005 06:47 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
grdnangel
Junior Member

Posts: 2
Joined: 02/09/2005

Gotcha!
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.



Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information