Increase font size
Topic Title: Any good recommendations for a keyboard
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/03/2006 05:21 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/03/2006 05:21 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
mikes451

Looking for a new keyboard. Some of the keys on mine are starting to stick in the down position. I want a wired keyboard and not really a specialized gamiing keyboard although I do game quit a bit. Probably il go with something by Logitech in the under $40 range unless you know something better.

-------------------------
XP 2600+ (O.C. 2225MHz, 356 F.S.B.) 256K L2 cache <br>ECS -741GX-M Motherboard <br>1 Gig Corsair Value Ram, CAS 2.5, DDR 400 <br> ATI 9600XT video card <br>E-Power Puma 2 450 Watt Power supply<br>NEC 3540A DVD-CD burner<br>Logitech MX-518 mouse
 12/04/2006 11:32 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Butte

quote:

Originally posted by: mikes451
new keyboard

Apart from having keys, it should be comfortable and make intutive sense for y-o-u. Wireless kbds and wireless mice have come of age and dropped dramatically in price, so they're worth a try unless you're positively dead set upon wires. If you can type faster than radio or infrared signal transfers, you'll probably confuse the cpu itself even with wires. Bear in mind whatever caused you to mutter at any kbd in the past. Some of them seem designed to cause discomfort. Some of them seem designed to pretend that one should encounter a learning curve just to use a kbd. Some of them have surplusages of new-fangled keys that sooner or later w-i-l-l fail to do oddball tasks that are actually done faster another (traditional) way in the first place (e.g., speakers usually have little volume knobs, which usually work v. well and faster then fiddling with keys accomplishes). Any kbd loaded with mere marketing gimmicks is probably overdesigned and underengineered.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information