Increase font size
Topic Title: Graphics Board recommendation for AGP 2x Slot
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/30/2006 03:43 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/30/2006 03:43 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
cigs

Hi, i have a 5 yr old, Gigobyte GA-7IXE motherboard still with original chipset and would like some advice on the best upgrade i could make to the Graphics board. It is currently installed with a NVidia Geforce2 MX, 32MB, AGP 4x board.

I have gleaned from the manual that the GA-7IXE has a 2x AGP socket, AGP66/133 MHZ, 3.3V device support, however its not obvious at all by me what products currently on the market would be compatable with this board and have a minimm of 64MB memory. Can someone point me in the right direction? I'd prefer an Nvidia recomendation.

I'm also happy to go on Ebay if there is nothing currently available that would work with this board.

Many Thanks
 12/30/2006 04:28 PM

Author Icon
nagaty_h

here are the agp 2x/4x cards available on newegg.. but i think newer gpus with pci might get more performance.. take a look here

-------------------------
 12/30/2006 06:43 PM

Author Icon
cigs

Thanks for the links.

Problem i have with finding compatitable boards is that they appear to all state there high end compatability, e.g. 4x,8x AGP but often do not mention that they will work with AGP 2x, albiet with a lower performance.

Looking around the RADEON 9XXX series or Nvidia Geforce 5XXX series apear to be around what i need, but i can not nail exactly which one would be compatible/the best for upgrade.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information