Increase font size
Topic Title: RS482M4 with non-p'n'p Monitor
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/06/2006 10:04 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/06/2006 10:04 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
ici

I'm currently experiencing an issue on my system after an upgrade due to the fact the CTL 770VF 17" monitor I have appears to have been shipped missing the pin for P'n'P functionality. This is a 4 year old monitor but still has a superb picture and at the moment I don't have the funds to replace it. It is a borrowed monitor from a family member after my CTL 910TF became Fuzzy (out of focus) and started having color issues.

What has transpired is that after installing the ATI Drivers when windows loads them (I.E. after the loading screen before the user select screen in XP) the driver seems to think there is no monitor on the Analog bus so automatically dumps over to the TV Out. At least that is my assumption since I can soft power down the system with the power switch and the Analog Video goes into an S3 suspend state that is non-resumable. This only happens on the CTL 770VF which is not detected by windows nor by the ATI Catalyst Control Center.

In order to bypass this I have been connecting my old 910TF on boot till I get the user select screen then switching back to the 17" but this is not a solution, nor even a real fix.

I tried numerous drivers in various methods (full catalyst, driver only, etc...) with fresh installs and simple remove old install new without avail.

Although I have tickets open with both MSI and ATI regarding this I'm posting here in case someone knows something I don't.

I can not find a way to force the Xpress 200 Driver to default and load analog.

Any ideas please help.

thanks

-------------------------
Larry N. Stevens
President
Xanadu Servers, Inc.
XSI Hosting - Plesk Hosting
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information