Increase font size
Topic Title: Question on Heatsinks for G34 Processors
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/17/2010 12:52 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/17/2010 12:52 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
agtcovert

Hopefully someone can help--I've been looking all over for the last day to determine what heatsink/fan to use with 6128 Opterons.

What I've found are these: http://www.dynatron-corp.com/e...v=1-3-289&id=214&in=0# -- which is fine, but I can't tell how they attach to the CPU/motherboard. In their specs, they say no backplate is included, nor does their site list any backplate as being compatible with G34.

Does anyone have any experience building a system with these? I'd like to know how you mounted them (or something similar).

Thanks.
 06/21/2010 12:01 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
MU_Engineer
Dr. Mu

The G34 motherboards I've seen come with backplates, sometimes permanently attached to the bottom of the board. You would just put the heatsink's screws through the holes in the motherboard and into the backplate and then tighten.

As far as fans are concerned, the Dynatron A6 you linked there is probably the best one available here in the U.S. at the moment. The Thermaltake CL0017 also looks to be decent for a workstation, the rest are all noisy little side-blower units or passive 1U units for servers.

-------------------------
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information