Increase font size
Topic Title: Building a Workstation
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/22/2004 08:18 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/22/2004 08:18 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
azariel

I want to build a workstation to fullfill my necessity on the mid-high range of 3D. I am a Maya User and other packages. I need comments and tips about wich mother boards for Dual AMD Mp I can be able to get a optimum performance on a system with 2-3 gb of RAM and Quadro . I read above about a system with Dual opteron. I will need this machine for a team work and between AMD and Pentium I trust on 3D the advantages of AMD. I want to know about tips or sites where Ic an get information about Optimal mnotherboard for this configuration and from professionals from the 3D area and Production for TV, composing etc wich machine could deal with price x performance. here are the specs wich I need help to reach a good balance.

Dual AMD MP
Motherboard
RAM
I know if I go for a Opteron my motherboard prices increases a lot too. For now MP could fullfill my needs but if someone could make a suggestion should be very nice.

Thanks!
 06/19/2004 06:39 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
FastEddie

Stability being the sought after goal, I'd look at theTyan' ">http://www.tyan.com/products/html/athlon.html MPX offerings. The Thunder K7X Pro (S2469) is a feature packed workstation/server board, where the Tiger MPX (S2466) is the plain jane rendition (no onboard scsi, no onboard video).

Memory would be Crucial' ">http://www.crucial.com/store/l...RAM&package=allModules , PC2100 ECC. At least a gig, but the more the better.

And then go with a pair of MP 2600+ or MP 2800+ processors.

Should be a smooth, fast, stable workstation.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information