AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: AMD Dual Opterons (audio workstation)
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/21/2004 02:51 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/21/2004 02:51 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Hessler

I'm planning on upgrading my system to an AMD dual Opteron (246), I currently work with Nuendo 2.0, and my problem now is that I run out of cpu power, by the way, I have a P4 2.4, I use VSTi's heavily, and those instruments eat cpu power rapidlly, will having dual opterons help me with my problem, I'm assuming that having several VSTi's running at the same time is kind of like running various programs at once, and that's why I'm wondering if Opterons will do well here. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank in advance.

Hessler
 02/23/2004 06:06 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Bugzy

The problem is mostly to do with VSTi's. Take for example SampleTank 2. It does not support dual cpu...in order for it to work you have to disable dual processing in cubase or nuendo. I think until software companies get on board with dual and 64 bit compatibility its going to remain a problem. I too am having the same problem with VSTi's. Hopefully in a year most of these problems will be taken care of with newer version software. Really like to know how much power diffrence there is between your regular single cpu 32 bit vs dual 64 bit.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information