Increase font size
Topic Title: New user, need infos
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/28/2004 05:58 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/28/2004 05:58 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Gerax

Hi

I'm about to upgrade one of my older workstations with a new processor; currently it's loaded with an XP 1800+, and being the XP2100 the faster processor suitable for the motherboard I have (Asus A7M266) I'd like to know a few things:

I've tracked down several used XP 2000+ on eBay (2100 is trickier to find, and I've been discouraged to use it since I've been told it really heats up a lot), but none of the sellers has been able to tell me if the core of the CPU is a Palomino or other, even though they can provide the code numbers on the CPU. I guess I have to stick with the Palomino core, as Asus' technical support hasn't answered my repeated emails about the supported models on that motherboard.

How can I tell if the CPU I'm intersted in is a Palomino or if it will be suitable for the motherboard I'm using? Can I simply get a standard XP2000 (regardless of the core) and put it in and it will work I have to be careful about anything?

Thank you for your help

L.G.

-------------------------
Lorenzo Gerace
L'Acquario Recording & Post
Prato, Italy
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information