Increase font size
Topic Title: Posting Images
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/20/2004 03:41 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/20/2004 03:41 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Firebrand

Hi everyone,

Someone please let me know how I can post pix of my rig. I'd like to show people what my system looks like but have no clue how you guys post the picture here. If anyone can guide me throught this or point me in the right direction to find out how this is done I'd appreciate it very much.

Thank you,
Firebrand
 12/20/2004 04:29 PM

Author Icon
SLaY3r

Use Image Shack' ">http://imageshack.us

-------------------------

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of AMD, OCZ, or ATI
"bv, if Mormons were real, you'd be one" - SDA
 12/20/2004 05:23 PM

Author Icon
Firebrand

Thanks a bunch SLaY3r!
 12/22/2004 11:13 AM

Author Icon
Firebrand

Hi everyone,

My machine is ready now, all I need to do is add a cut-out to the side of my machine. At first I was thinking of doing the AMD logo but someone else already did that idea. So now I am thinking of either doing only the two arrow like looking things that are next to the letters "AMD" or doing a Green Lantern logo.

The only reason why I'm hesitating on doing the Green Lantern thing is that if I cut out the circle, it's going to cut out all the inside stuff with it. I have to find out if this can be done so that I can just stick the floating pieces on the plexiglass somehow. I don't know how to do this without making a big mess with glue.

If anyone has some tips on how to stick those pieces on without it looking like a 10 year old did it I am open to all your suggestions. If not then I'm going to need to go with the AMD logo thing cause it'll still look cool and it'll be a painless task.

I hope you guys can help me soon. I brought the side panel to my case in to work today and I want to get this done and over with.

BTW, there is a lot of green inside my machine. This is why I chose the Green Lantern but if anyone else feels they have a better idea, your suggestions are welcome. Hopefully you will get your ideas in before I do the side of my rig.

Thanks a lot!

UPDATE:

I've already created an AutoCad file of the Green Lantern image and the operator is working on it. According to him this should turn out perfect without any problems. I will post my rig in the Modding Project Logs and Gallery forum when I take some pix tomorrow.

I hope you all like it.
 12/22/2004 12:40 PM

Author Icon
harleybro

One possibility would be to paint it onto the inside of the plexiglass. You could use the piece that was cut out to trace a pattern to the inside of the plexiglass. When it is done paint it on. Not sure how this would work but it is my only suggestion.

-------------------------

AM3 112,659' ">http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/a...iew.php?run=1497574217 3dm01 39,110' ">http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8668017 3dm03 21,901' ">http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=4122341
 12/24/2004 05:31 PM

Author Icon
Firebrand

I will be adding a few links in the AMD Processor Support Forum -> AMDEdge and Enthusiast Community -> Modding Project Logs and Gallery -> Gallery: Project GreenLANtern in approximately 30 minutes. I am going to write some details about my system along with the pictures so everyone can know the history and what the rig consists of.

Unfortunately the symbol has not been started due to the CNC production work load and time restraints.

Update: I took a bit longer than I anticipated but it's there now.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information